IGNORED

AUX lighting

Pletch

I am going to install some additional lighting; a set of fog lights and a set of additional lights to be hooked up to the highbeams. I would love to know if anyone out there has any experience with Denali D2 LED Lighting from twisted throttle.

From everything I have read on the twisted throttle web site, these look like the brightest and best lights out there. But, that info was written by them on thier product on thier website, so it may be a bit...biased.

Thoughts please.

Pletch

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Don't know anything about those. However, I've flipped off one rider in the past 3 years. They had LED lights with no cutoff putting out a ton of light indiscriminately. In the predawn hours, they were a true hazard.

I have those on my R1200GS and they work good.

The "fog" light is not a true fog it is a flood light.

They came with the regular spot lens on them and the optional flood lens. I put the flood on and tried to aim them low but still it was very bright all over.

I went back to the spot lens and aimed them just below the stock headlight.

When you change lenses be careful, I broke one of the little tabs off and had to order a new set.

THanks John, so would you recommend the Solstice or Denali D1 for fog lights then? I do want them bright, but not overpowering and blinding to oncoming traffic.

The Solstice vision X looks like it is the same light as the Denali. I put the spot lens on and pointed it lower.

I had the Hella Micro De Fog lights, they were true fog lights. But the bulbs would burn out every couple of months.

Maybe the HID version would have worked better.

Archived