IGNORED

SENA bluetooth, watertight integrity testing

lawnchairboy

lawnchairboy

I can say with a good deal of confidence that the sena unit will hold up to the elements. I had 150 miles of frog strangling summer rain today, flawless functionality.

We did the same last Sunday with our on the way to the UN. We got dumped on for a solid 2 hours. They never skipped a beat and worked flawlessly the whole trip. I like these things more and more with each use.

Neither of you mentioned how you were using your Senas. I'd be interested in any comments on bike to bike performance but suspect you were both riding (apart from pinion rider) solo.

I have not used mine as a bike to bike system yet. I have only used it solo and also as an intercom with a passenger. Ken (Kdeline) and his wife Kate use them for bike to bike and have had favorable results with them. You might want to ping him if he doesn't end up chiming in here.

John Gregory

I've used mine bike to bike with great success, almost a half mile range. If you do get out of range, they resync automatically.

Great product.

This is good to know as I'm looking into them, too.

However, I hope to use their SR10 radio adapter system to interface with my FRS/GMRS radio, rather than to use it B2B. Ae I ride 2up a bunch, I want to keep intercomm separate from radio chatter. The SR10 interface was supposed to come out in June but still is listed as Coming Soon!

Oh well, I won't need it until I get a new bike sometime next winter/spring.

We used them bike to bike in Europe on the Edelweiss tour. It was a hell of a lot of fun. We synced the guys together and the gals together. It added a lot to the trip. My buddy was riding a Harley and had a shorty helmet, so I got a lot of road noise, and floorboards scraping in the switchbacks. We tried the VOX, but there was just to much wind noise from the helmets for it to work.

I ran mine yesterday on a short trip, and my Galaxy Fascinate kept pausing on its' own. Anyone have an idea as to why that happens?

I have not used mine as a bike to bike system yet. I have only used it solo and also as an intercom with a passenger. Ken (Kdeline) and his wife Kate use them for bike to bike and have had favorable results with them. You might want to ping him if he doesn't end up chiming in here.

Yup, B2B works as advertised, like you are sitting next to each other.

I've used mine bike to bike with great success, almost a half mile range. If you do get out of range, they resync automatically.

Great product.

I don't know if we get as much as 1/2 mile but line of sight is considerable. In the twisties it is much shorter. When we have gotten out of range they did not seem to resyc, but I have little patience and started hitting the knob, so I can't say for sure if it works or not. In the rain we hit Kate said she started getting an echo so I pulled them off. After the rain they worked fine so I am going to keep them on in the next shower. TBS I am much happier with these then the Autocom. Heck of a lot cheaper to.

However, I hope to use their SR10 radio adapter system to interface with my FRS/GMRS radio

I am waiting for this also as I have a non bluetooth GPS, and a FRS/GMRS radio from my Autocom. I would like to plug in the phone also as mine consumes the battery in hours using the bluetooth.

I'm using SENA SMH-10 v 2.1 software (newest version) iphone4 paired to Zumo 660 and Zumo to SENA. Intercom to wife's SENA. Using 660 as mp3, as well voice commands and phone control center.

Off and On issues with BT dropping out and I must turn off/on Sena.. Overall works pretty good, but still not flawless with everything running. I've become pretty good friends with DAN KIM!(SENA tech guru) ;-0

Intercom with version 2.0 with 660 didn't work... would immediately disconnect.

SR10 is now called for limited availability in early September, BTW.

However, I hope to use their SR10 radio adapter system to interface with my FRS/GMRS radio

I am waiting for this also as I have a non bluetooth GPS, and a FRS/GMRS radio from my Autocom. I would like to plug in the phone also as mine consumes the battery in hours using the bluetooth.

I just added two of these to my tankbag for phone and Sena charging on the go.

usb-wp.jpg

LINK

Phone stays in my tankbag and is plugged into the USB all the time. I'll plug the Sena in when it needs it. At the UN, both of our heasets lasted all day every day.......including our 550 mile trip home that took almost 10 hours. That was running either streaming music or intercom the whole time (we switch back and forth from time to time). I was expecting them to die any minute the last 2 hours of the trip, but they both kept humming along just fine.

Previously, I killed mine in about 7 hours on my way to the BRR, but that was wearing foam earplugs and the volume cranked to MAX the whole time. I have since switched to custom earbuds and that allows me to dial the volume way back........and I'm assuming really save battery life.

Archived