IGNORED

held slider system tank bag

dannys

Seriously, the Big Mak Tankbag has been my choice for years. I've had it on my first RT, on my FJR, on my V-Strom and on my latest RT. Nothing touches the tank. You don't remove the tankbag to fuel up, you simply flip it forward. Let's me refuel sitting in the saddle. And that's important in my case because the tankbag is wired. Don't have to unplug it, remove it, set it somewhere, then remount it and plug it back in. I just gas 'n go. Of course, YMMV depending on what you want a tankbag for.

Big Mak was one of the early members of this board. His products are all Made in the USA, mostly by his own hands. And he well do some custom work for you. His tankbags come in different sizes and the map pockets can be anything from simple and flat to thick enough to store the maps of most of the states. You decide.

The Held back looks nice. It will fit the needs of some riders. But there's no way it offers the convenience, versatility (and frankly the durability) of a Big Mak Tankbag.

Seriously, the Big Mak Tankbag has been my choice for years. I've had it on my first RT, on my FJR, on my V-Strom and on my latest RT. Nothing touches the tank. You don't remove the tankbag to fuel up, you simply flip it forward. Let's me refuel sitting in the saddle. And that's important in my case because the tankbag is wired. Don't have to unplug it, remove it, set it somewhere, then remount it and plug it back in. I just gas 'n go. Of course, YMMV depending on what you want a tankbag for.

Big Mak was one of the early members of this board. His products are all Made in the USA, mostly by his own hands. And he well do some custom work for you. His tankbags come in different sizes and the map pockets can be anything from simple and flat to thick enough to store the maps of most of the states. You decide.

The Held back looks nice. It will fit the needs of some riders. But there's no way it offers the convenience, versatility (and frankly the durability) of a Big Mak Tankbag.

I too have a BigMak, as it came with the first RT I bought. I think it works very well, especially during refueling.

However, some have had difficulty in reaching the owner lately, has this been resolved?

The Big Mak does look very interesting but there doesn't seem to be a model yet for my bike. And I've never found lifting my magnetic tank bag while I refuel to be a big deal.

Please let me know how you like the bag and more important how the slider system works for you and if it scratches the tank, thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Jerry Johnston

I don't think I'd use a magnetic bag. Years back I had one for an Airhead and when I stored the bag on a shelf it picked up a metal shaving and scratched up the tank. I didn't even know until I removed the bag.

Archived