IGNORED

49l Top Case paint

kltk165

Was just quoted $375 to paint the 49 liter Top Case Ostra Gray by a dealer. Does that seem a bit high? Or is Ostra

Gray that tough a color to match? Should any body shop be able to match it?

CoarsegoldKid

Maybe they're buying BMW paint. Maybe they are the middleman. Other paint mfgs sell the exact color for what I think to be less pricy. Any paint shop should be able to do it.

I had my 49L top case re-painted gloss gray to match the side cases and tupperware for $100 at an autobody place. They just matched the paint and it looks great. I subsequently had to get both of my side cases re-painted due to several scratches and the same guy did them for $100 each. (cash helped)

Was just quoted $375 to paint the 49 liter Top Case Ostra Gray by a dealer. Does that seem a bit high? Or is Ostra

Gray that tough a color to match? Should any body shop be able to match it?

Yes, that is high! Check out the colors at ColorRite http://www.colorrite.com/ They have the paint. Any good painter would be able to match the color at a very resonable rate. You could do it yourself... ;)

That does sound hight but body shops always surprise me. I asked our BMW shop to recommend someone who does independent painting and he did my top case and side cases for $100 each. Of course this was opal blue.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna look around a bit. Maybe I'll ask in the regional forum on MOA for recommendations near my area.

Doesn't look like Colorrite has Ostra Gray. They have the other gray/silvers. Interesting.

Doesn't look like Colorrite has Ostra Gray. They have the other gray/silvers. Interesting.

If your topcase has the 'standard' silver color it should be the same as Color Rites #954 White Alum. a matt finish.

Archived