IGNORED

GS-911.....Brake bleed test

KDeline

I watched the demo at the GS911 booth at the Bloomsburg rally. They had it hooked up to a new F800 and did the bleed test. That bike does not have the servo brakes so I assume it works on any CAN bus bike.

I watched the demo at the GS911 booth at the Bloomsburg rally. They had it hooked up to a new F800 and did the bleed test. That bike does not have the servo brakes so I assume it works on any CAN bus bike.

Evening K12LTS

Did you actually witness the GS-911 cycle anything like a servo pump or valving? Maybe they were just simulating a bleed test for another application.

I don’t have an F800 manual so have no idea what can be cycled on the F-800 ABS system.

I do have most of the 1200RT/GS manuals & there is NO bleed test shown for the Gen-2 systems. Not even a dealer computer hookup to bleed the new 1200 GEN-2 I-ABS brake system. I’m not even sure what could be tested as there is no sevo pump to pressurize the front of the new Gen-2 system for a bleed test.

At the rally he did do what he called a brake bleed test and there was something running on the bike, I heard it. I cannot find anything on my menu to test brake systems at all other then fault codes. Mine is a 2007 GSA built in January.

Dirtmerchant

I ran the brake bleed test using my GS911 on my 2011 R12RT after I had flushed the brake fluid during my 6000 mile service. The front brakes had roughly the same feel after flushing as it did before the flush. I ran the test which cycled the ABS pump, the front brake now has more feel then it has since I bought it, rear feels about the same but harder for me to determine. YMMV

EDIT: I am running GS911 Version: 1106.5 which is the new Bata Version. The website states it is for 2nd Generation, Non-Servo ABS found on R1200, K1200 and K1300 including Status, Output tests and Bleed Tests.

That is the version I am running. When I go to the brake menu I can only read and clear fault codes. Were do you find the bleed test?

Under engine, output test, the test I can run are tank venting valve, fuel pump, both injectors, both idle actuator, over temp warning light, and MIL test. I can read a reset adaptations and reset the exhaust flap which I do not have. I can reset the idle actuator and lock them for engine synchronization.

Archived