IGNORED

Marsee corona mount tank bag is hitting the windshield switch on my RT

Pbrokaw

Guys and Gals

My Marsee 10 liter rocket rocket corona mount tank bag is a really nice bag that works well for carrying DSLR camera stuff...EXCEPT for the issue of hitting the screen raise/lower switch during left hand parking lot maneuvers. I was told Wunderlich had a possible switch guard I could buy to eliminate the issue... I could not find one on there site.

Do you folks have any ideas,I am gonna keep this tank bag so that option is out. I do like the corona mount for it's rapid release and the fact its not sliding around trying to scratch the tank up like my old bag.

I fought about taking the front Tupperware off and putting a switch in line with the motor so I would have to use the rocker switch...and the other switch to provide motor current to run it up and down...seems like a lot of work. And I do use the screen adjustment too so I just can't pull the fuse to the circuit.

Thanks

Perry Brokaw

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Perry

Sounds like something you'll just have to adapt to. I had another tank bag do something like that. I now have a bigmak that I can have mounted a little further aft with its velcro attachment. When I was backing or walking the bike, I just pulled the bag to the side since those events were so rare compared to riding.

I remember having the same problem on a regular big tank bag. I just got used to it and had adjusted the mount to minimize the problem. Resetting the shield position didn't seem like much of a difficulty.

What got me is what made it reset to the down position when I had touched nothing. I just parked the bike and mysteriously it was down when I restarted the bike. That was a head scratcher I never figure out.

I do appreciate the reminder of that nifty mount system. It may resolve a problem I have on another bike. Thanks!

I think I have a switch guard worked out. Just a simple flat aluminum plate bored to fit over the handlebar shaft,attached to that single Allen head that holds the shaft to the clip on bar. I wll make the prototype,test unit and report the findings. It will be a full size paper template I can email out to whoever wants to whip out there own...

Perry

Archived