IGNORED

Cigarette Lighter?

zixis9

Has anyone installed one on an RT? I thought I solved it when I saw a powerlet adapter from creative cycle concepts. It connects solid but doesnt accept any lighter ive tried(3) Any Ideas? Trying to tweak the comfort zone before NYC!

I installed one inside the radio box of my 2002 RT and connected the wires to the radio power wire. I use it to charge my cell phone with a cigarette lighter adapter. If you used it for an actual cigarette lighter, you'd need a higher amp circuit or go directly to battery with a fused wire. Also, I'd be reluctant to have the lighter inside the box.

You shouldn't smoke.

I have a cig. lighter socket under the seat. Mostly it sits unused, but it's there for the occasional cell phone charge or what have you.... I've also powered my tank bag with some powerlet components (powerlet.com). There's a cord that plugs into the bag, and two cig. lighter sockets inside. charge up the ipod, 2-way radio, cell phone, etc. Having all that elecrto junk in the tank bag is kinda handy as it's all in one place, and it just pops off and goes with me.

I think I might've figured it out. I have an EMGO handlebar lighter that I think will go onto the ram mount bolt for my GPS. I have to wait for my bar risers to confirm. Itll also work for air compressor and phone charger with minimal wire all over the place. The excitement builds! Still working on the pic thing. My understanding is I have to get a side application to put my pics on to be able to get them from there to put them in my replies. Im tellin ya its ALL TOO MUCH!@#$

I have one installed in place of the tweeter for the radio. I had the machinist at work make the hole for the lighter on the Bridgeport milling machine. I use it to power my XM Pioneer Inno.

5731.jpg.c70fe5028564c3c4967d69657238f558.jpg

I have a Battery Tender lead connected directly to my battery, with the SAE connector sticking out from underneath the seat. I found an SAE to 'cigarette outlet' somewhere on eBay for about $10. The one I got has a snap cover so the cig outlet can be covered is not in use. I only use the cig outlet when I'm charging the cell phone or maybe an MP3 play, or when I need to use my air compressor. It's a very handy unit and I need to find another one for the Triumph. I did up the amp breaker in the BT connector to around 8 amps (I think) due to the occasional use of the compressur. The chargers take very little current.

Archived