IGNORED

Fixing a Garmin GXM-30

cali_beemer

Well, my GXM 30 antenna seems to have stopped working. My GPS shoes it isnt receiving an input from my antenna. Ther is no detection of XM radio. It had been workign fione for months but stopped. Has anyone tried to repair one of these? I tried disconnecting the antena, restarting the GPS....nothing. I am now tempted to pull it apart and see if there is a broken solder joint or somethign....any help from someone would be great. I dont want to spend money to replace it. I have been temted to buy the zumo 665 arrangement but no money for that. Or if someon has a GXM-30 they want to sell cheap send me a PM.

Firefight911

I would bet dollars to donuts your antenna is fine. Your mount is most likely bad. DAMHIK!

I have everything if you want to try swapping stuff before I install it on the Tenere.

I would bet dollars to donuts your antenna is fine. Your mount is most likely bad. DAMHIK!

I have everything if you want to try swapping stuff before I install it on the Tenere.

How would I check? Do I just need to plug the antenna into a another GPS? If the connecter on the GPS is bad then how can fix that? or do I just need a new GPS? The unit I am using a 2730 and the antenna plugs right into the GPS unit. I have been considering a zumo upgrade anyway...so...maybe this would force the issue.

Firefight911

Well, that changes things a bit since you are on a 2730 vs a 550.

Come over and try my GXM antenna to rule that out. Then go from there.

Is the 2730 displaying the XM channels?

Does it show sat reception?

Are you getting the preview channel?

I'd call your sat provider (have serial number at hand) and they can try a reset.

That fixed me once.

Good luck,

Is the 2730 displaying the XM channels?

Does it show sat reception?

Are you getting the preview channel?

I'd call your sat provider (have serial number at hand) and they can try a reset.

That fixed me once.

Good luck,

Nope, the gps doesnt recognize it at all

Well, that changes things a bit since you are on a 2730 vs a 550.

Come over and try my GXM antenna to rule that out. Then go from there.

That's probably a good start Phil. I need to replace my relay and then u will PM you.

Firefight911

No worries. I am home all day tomorrow.....installing the two boxes I received today! :)

Funny, I haven't seen the tell tale sign of yellow shipping tape in a few years. BWWAAAHHHAAAAAHHAAAAA!!!

Archived