IGNORED

Alpinestars Web Gortex

Lockguy

I just picked up a pair of the Alpinestars Web Gortex boots from Craigs List but got no care instructions with them. Could someone tell be how to care for the outside of the boots without affecting the Gortex liner? I had a pair of Redwing boots with Gortex that I used mink oil on and it soaked through to the liner, thus ruining the waterproof charateristic. Thanks

On all my leather/goretex work boots I use obenaufs oil and heavy duty LP: Obenaufs

Here is a link stating they work with goretex: Obenaufs and Goretext

I have used both on my bicycle Brooks saddles and my Danner work boots. I work as a hydrogeologist so I am around water and rocks and drilling mud all the time. Pretty hard on boots. I find that a good coating of the LP followed by some oil from time to time works wonders.

Hope this helps!

-Ryan

PS - I haven't used this stuff on my Aplinestar Goretex boots and the toes are really scuffed up and don't look very good. Should have used this stuff on my moto boots too! Maybe I will put some on tonight.

I always get AlpineStar boots. I never knew they needed any care. Just wash and wear.

That's all I ever did with them. I mean, I'm not going to wear them to the Debutante Ball.

dc

My Alpinestars Gortex boots are 10 years old. Never did anything other than cleaned them with water and a cloth. Looking for a deal on a new pair.

Archived