IGNORED

Small crowd at MotoGP

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Everything seems smaller this year - the Friday crowd, the vendor area, Ducati island, etc. Still fun. Weather's perfect. No hurricanes.

This is my oldest son riding the bevelhead to its Ducati island MotoGP temporary home.

IMG_1751.JPG

This is my grandson on his first bike ride, doing his first wheelie. Thank goodness the lead paint idiocy is long gone or these kids might never ride.

IMG_1783.JPG

Don't have to tell any grandpas what this is all about:

IMG_1787.JPG

After the races, riding his first moto, slot cars, legos, swimming and all the ice cream he could eat, Joe says this was the most fun thing he did all day, (fighting me for the controls):

IMG_1809.JPG

John Ranalletta

We're Ducati fans thru and thru, that is, until Yamaha won over a 5-year-olds' affections.

Yamaha sponsored a "Learn to Ride" experience for kids. My grandson, Joe, got in line on Friday.

IMG_1775.JPG

The instructors, all of whom were very patient and helpful with the kids, rode with Joe, not letting him ride by himself. When a little girl riding in the same sequence got to ride by herself, he was really mad.

IMG_1781.JPG

On Saturday, we returned to the Yamaha exhibit and Joe got in line, but this time, Joe said to the instructor, "I want to ride by myself"; and, he did. He never gave up a corner...

IMG_1814.JPG

The instructor let Joe ride about 15 laps and became Joe's very best friend.

IMG_1819.JPG

Kudos to Yamaha for knowing how to win over fans.

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1834.JPG

Then, Joe saw and sat on this....

2009-honda-crf50f-8_460x0w.jpg

Oh well...

Archived