IGNORED

Garmin nuvi 1490 to Sena SMH10 bluetooth connection issues

chrisz

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Sena bluetooth headset can be paired with the Garmin nuvi 1490 GPS via bluetooth? I've tried several times, but no luck. My Sena manual says to pair it with GPS as if you were pairing a phone, however it doesn't work for me. I'm thinking that this GPS can only communicate with the phone(s) not Sena headsets. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can help with instructions...

Thanks.

I don't believe so... it won't link with mine!!! BTW- my manual just mentions linking to phones... though it won't link to my phone either :0((((((((

SenaDude,

Nice to see you on-board. Tell me, how do I reduce the VOX lag from when I start talking to when my passenger hears me. Now it seems to take upwards of 3-4 seconds. Is there a software upgrade available.

I did some research and found out that the GPS would need A2DP (distribution profile). Hence I need another GPS ;-(

Let me know what you find. I'm in the same boat here

I placed an order for a Garmin 765T. It's discontinued but still available ($150). It claims to be S2DP compliant. I should receive it today and will let you know with a few days. If it doesn't work, I'll give it to my kid.

Archived