IGNORED

Online tire purchases

taylor1

Greetings , I normally buy my tires at the local Cycle Gear, but since they are out of my size, and have seemed to have raised their prices, I thought I would give online buying a shot. I remember seeing postings in the past of good deals. If any one knows of any, would you please let me know where Thanks

Agree with John here. I've probably bought my last 4 sets of tires from MCSuperstore. That said, the current set of PR3's that I have ordered, they have pissed me off with their response to a question I had about my order status. In the interest of not rewarding poor service, but not cutting my nose off to spite my face, I'm at least going to look around in the future. In fairness, I have always had good service from them and I'm hoping this is just an anomaly.

RideDirect.com - Not the greatest selection, but are competitive and for me have been top notch about shipping and service

South West Moto - very competitive, and great shipping practices; although you cannot call them, but they are very good in getting back to you with an answer to your questions.

In the last three years I've purchased tires from SW Moto, Motorcycle Superstore and Derby Cycles. Most recently, Derby had the best prices. My experience with each of these vendors has been excellent.

I always use E-Moto tires:

http://www.swmotorubber.com/

I get them on the east coast in about 3 day, they pay the freight. They are the BMW dealer in Tuscon. Normally shipped the same day you order if you order early enough in the day. If there is a problem or back order situation, they always call or email. There is even a human (Jose) there you can talk to if you need help, or have questions. Prices are as good as anyone.

Steve

I bought a set of PR3's a couple of weeks ago and I looked at:

SWMOTO

Cycle Gear

Jake Wilson

Motorcycle Superstore

All of the prices were within $10 for the set, all had free shipping. I went with the one I had used be before and had good service from.

Somebody is confusing me with E Moto and SouthWest Moto. Are they the same or not? I don't think they are the same.

dc

I don't know the family tree but they are the same.

Somebody is confusing me with E Moto and SouthWest Moto. Are they the same or not? I don't think they are the same.

dc

E Moto = swmotorubber.com

E Moto <> swmototires.com

To my knowledge, E Moto is not related to SW Moto (swmototires)

SWMOTO

Cycle Gear

Jake Wilson

Motorcycle Superstore

All of the prices were within $10 for the set, all had free shipping. I went with the one I had used be before and had good service from.

Please tell us which one so we can tell you how much you overpaid, how awful their service was, and how you should use our choice.

:wave:

SWMOTO

Cycle Gear

Jake Wilson

Motorcycle Superstore

Please tell us which one so we can tell you how much you overpaid, how awful their service was, and how you should use our choice.

:wave:

Look at my first post in this thread.

dc

E Moto = swmotorubber.com

E Moto <> swmototires.com

To my knowledge, E Moto is not related to SW Moto (swmototires)

You are correct, two separate companies! Southwest moto is a different company, E moto is the BMW dealer in Tuscon.

Steve

I went to MC Tire Works today and they will get the PR3's in in a day or two. Less than Irv Seaver price.

I have seen Hudsons many times, going right by there. I'll have to stop in. Maybe next time.

I always see bikes they have sitting out near the sidewalk. But I didn't know they had a shop & gear. I'll have to check the place out.

dc

Our local shop, Destination Cycle in Kerrville, told me they would try and match the online boys. They aren't as cheap (maybe $5/10 a tire more) but they are local and give you a mount and balance discount if you purchase from them. Worked out to be a tad more than if I had bought online. I really don't mind paying a small premium for local service. Perhaps you should give your local guy a chance....

I don't mind paying the guy with brick and mortar to pay for, a little more either. But, when their prices are 15-20% more AND they charge you $40 -$60 to mount the tire, that gets to be a little too much. Especially, if you have multiple bikes...

Ended up buying from Motorcycle Superstore. The savings was just to great to be ignored.I am a firm believer in supporting local business.I also try not to swear when someone does something idiotic while driving. Just does not happen every time

Archived