IGNORED

V1 and GXM-30.....interference.

Whip

Anyone having issues?

I have my GXM-30 in the middle of the front fairing and the V1 on the right side handlebar. The GXM-30 is then in the front line of sight of the V1. On my other bikes I have the GXM-30 on the left side handlebar with the ZUMO and have no issue.

The V1 keeps getting a false reading and it seems to be coming from the GXM-30.

When I move the V1 it stops.

When I move the GXM-30 it stops.

The V1 works in 360 degrees, so why would this matter?

:dopeslap:

The V1 is much more sensitive in the front and rear than on the sides. The GXM 30 is an integrated antenna and RECEIVER. Most receivers have an LO (local oscillator)that radiates like a transmitter and can cause RFI problems like you describe. You need to change mounting locations if possible.

I was kinda hoping you wouldn't say that.

That antenna was hell to get in their and I really don't have a place to move the V1 where the GXM-30 won't be in front of it.

Beemer_Nancy

I have my gxm30 antenna sitting on top of the V1 separated by the BMR V1 cover and I haven't had any interference issue. Just sayin. Immediately in front of both of those is a fastrak transponder....all work fine.

My gxm 30 sits on top of my legal speeding covered V1. No problems.

Last bike the Sirius puck (not gxm30, regular Sirius antenna) was in the V1 line if sight. No probs.

In the car my v1 sits above sat radio next to Garmin with traffic antenna. No problems.

Whip what alert are you getting on the V1?

One of mine got hyper sensitive on K band, then was not picking up anything. I sent it home to valentine and they fixed it up. Something went out of spec inside and was swapped out. It's good as new now. That detector had been soaked a few times.

Archived