IGNORED

Headlight Bulbs burning out

majrosebud

I referred to this forum earlier and found great advice on changing bulbs out on my 1200 RT (07). After some scraped hands and $60 to the BMW dealer, I got all three bulbs changed out successfully last night (two of the three were bad). Riding in to work the morning, the blasted left bulb burns out(this was one of the three that hadn't burned out, but I replaced it anyway). Has anyone any ideas? I guess it could be a bad bulb, although it is OEM. Maybe a bad socket. Perhaps the two prong connector is not on properly (would the icon on the computer light up if its fell off? It's on). Or worst of all, electrical gremlins. When I get it figured out I'll report back. The icon came on 5 minutes or so after I started the bike up. Rode in on some city streets. Never replaced the bulbs before. It's in the garage when not being ridden.

Afternoon majrosebud

If the wire is plugged on tight & correctly then it is probably either a bad bulb (it happens), or maybe you touched the bulb glass with your fingers during the install. If you ever touch the bulb glass you really need to re-clean it with alcohol or a good glass cleaner before completing the install. .

I got it figured out. One of the terminals on the socket pushed through the back and was not making a good connection. Sorry if it sounds as if I was ranting in my first post. Been a big week. Thanks DR.

Archived