IGNORED

When do you change your tires?

blackyam

I change my tires when ...  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, everyone. I think much has been tossed about anent how many miles one gets on this brand tire or that. What I'm wondering is, When do you decide to change tires? As soon as you feel a difference in handling, even if the tires are not yet squaring off? As soon as you see that the tires are squaring off, even if the wear bars are not yet visible? Do you wait until the wear bars are visible, even if you feel a difference in handling? Do you wait until the wear bars are flush with the tread?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

---John.

How about none of the above.

How about 'when I feel like it'. Like today. As I did not like the Conti Road Attacks, and they were squaring off, and they were 3 years old, and they had some odd checking, and I like Michelin, and wanted them.

And the Conti's were all old and worn out. 6000 miles.

dc

David13,

You're absolutely right: It needs a "none of the above" choice. I'm sorry about the oversight. Since I don't know how to edit a poll, let me start a new thread. Then you can mark respond to it. :-) Thanks.

---John.

There is another parameter and that is upcoming trips. Seems like every time I have a 3K trip planned, my tires have about 3k left and thats too close. I change them. Otherwise I wait until the wear bars are almost even with the tread.

Archived