IGNORED

Coming to America - Beachmoto and Rev'it?

John

Gidday Forumites,

I'm coming over for a 3 week vacation this month, and am pretty excited about the whole thing! Unfortunately I won't get the opportunity to ride a bike in the land of the free this time around.... I'll be mainly doing aviation and space stuff this time around.

What I will be doing though is getting some gear while I'm over there. I've had some communication with Beachmoto and they seem to be fairly communicative and customer-focussed.

I'm looking at buying some Rev'it gear, and was wondering if they're good people to deal with?

Hoping the members of the Brains Trust can help me out.

Thanks in advance :-)

LA, Vegas, NY, Washington DC, and finally Orlando for a week, RockBottom. Then back to LA and home again....

Isn't Rev'it Danish or Dutch?

They are Dutch. They make really nice stuff.

Thanks for the answers, all.

And thanks for that info, RockBottom. I've bought stuff from Bob's before and am quite satisfied with their service to AU. I just didn't want to cart the full suit across America...

My daughter and I would be on a bike tour in a flash, but my friend who's travelling with me doesn't ride. Perhaps in 2012!

John. To be honest I believe you are better buying from here

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/secZgy2W4ScxX_/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Categories

For instance the top of the line Revit Everest Jacket is about $A770 Aussie delivered to Australia whereas the price in the US is $999 so about $A945 or so. All the prices on FC Moto include VAT of around 20% which is removed if you have something exported. Fiddle around with an order see what happens. Shipping is cheap as chips if you choose I think the DHL option(?). I have used fc moto to get a high end helmet delivered to Sydney. Absolutely no problems at all. The only thing I dont know about is import duty on a jacket. I paid none on the helmet which was around $A500 delivered. Duty rates for textiles, clothing and footwear (TCF) goods was reduced on 1 January 2010 to 10%. I have imported 10 jackets or so over the last 15 years including motor cycle jackets and paid this duty once. In any case at 10% you will still be better off. Dont know exactly what you are looking for but look up www.webbikeworld.com for reviews. I think that the revit stuff runs a size small. Have a good trip

Archived