IGNORED

Autocom cable damage: repairable?

drswift

The wire for the passenger 9 pin(?) connector on my Autocom got wedged under my seat during my last trip and the rubber shielding wore off, exposing what look like strands of wires. Can this wire be cut and spliced? The wire comes out of the main processor unit directly without any type of connector. Anyone know where to find Autocom components other than the UK?

Dave......I responded to a post here and found an Autocom rep in Az. She got me a riders cable for my Super Pro AVIATION for $30Sunday recently. I'll get you her e-mail when I get home.

• 3 weeks later...

For future reference incase someone searches a similar problem.

About the lead:

This cable has a 9-conductor EH series JST connector which plugs into the jack on the printed circuit board of the hub. The other is a female 7-pin 270 degree DIN.

DIY Option:

If a download breaks and you still have enough length to the DIN connector, you can trim the cable and replace with a JST EH-series 9-pin connector. This is for an advanced DIY'er due to the need to head shrink the shielding and terminate to one of the positions. I'll send schematic upon request.

Replacement Option:

The replacement parts are 1592 (rider) and 1593 (passenger). Either is $34.99.

Archived