IGNORED

Russell Day-long group buy

kltk165

If anyone is interested in getting a Russell seat I found the folowing thread at sport-touring.net. There's a redirect there to a Goldwing site that's organizing the group buy. Looks like a 20% discount if they get enough people to go in on it.

LINKY

Really???? Your link includes this:

Interestingly, sent mail to Russell last night inquiring about retaining heat in my '11 R1200RT seat and inquired about group buys. They said they didn't have one going on now and won't know if they're going to do one until late October/first of November.

DaveTheAffable
Really???? Your link includes this:

Interestingly, sent mail to Russell last night inquiring about retaining heat in my '11 R1200RT seat and inquired about group buys. They said they didn't have one going on now and won't know if they're going to do one until late October/first of November.

Ongoing RDL Group buy

It's in there. Kind of in pieces. It's a work in progress...

1) I believe it will happen for them

2) It's a nice thing for Russel to do during their slow time

3) I doubt that it's RDL's intent to have any one group plaster their offer to dozens of other groups. If it were so, they could just offer a 20% sale every fall, and nobody would buy seats between April and September.

:dopeslap:

They have a product. Many people like it. "The laborer is worthy of his reward." Buy it... or not. :wave:

I'm in. Thanks for posting this. I was going to buy one anyway and the price will be more palatable. Assuming it goes through.

Is the rider backrest really that much of a benefit?

Depends on what you're using it on. I had one on the Russell on my '96 K1100LT and wound up taking it off as the slight forward lean to the bars meant I was never using the backrest. I wasn't planning on getting one for the RT for the same reason.

Archived