IGNORED

Shark Helmets

jbr7t

So, I'm interested in a shark helmet. I've only found one person that has one and he is very happy with it. However he bought it overseas. I can't find a dealer here where I can try on etc. Anybody have one or know about them? Likes ..dislikes... Comfort..etc.

My neighbor has one of their modulars. Very innovative because the chin bar can be raised all the over the top to the rear so it can be used as an open face also. He loves the helmet and got a good price through an internet purchase. Cycle Gear here in Tucson has them but they are a little pricey.

I had an RSR 2. Comforts level are similar to top end Arai so it is very confortable. More comfortable than a Shoei X-11. Not a noisy helmet but not as quiet as a Shoei X-11. Maybe bout as noisy as a Arai Corsair V. Air flow not as good as the Shoei or Arai. Flows about as much air as a Shoei Multitec which is average and better than the Schuberth C3 which is below average. The bottom line was that when I wanted to sell some of my helmets the Shark was the first to go. Dont get me wrong. Its a very good helmet just the X-ll and Corsair V are better all round. I take an XL in the Shoei, Arai, Schubert and Shark and the Schuberth and Shark XL fit a bit snugger than Shoei. Similar to the Arai. Visor change system is as good as the Shoeis, better than the Schuberth and much better than the Arai.

I bought a Shark Evoline Series 2 last year. It's a good, well-made helmet. It's the modular described in a post above, where the chin bar swings all the way back and you can actually ride like that if you choose to (it's ECE and DOT certified with the bar open, or closed. That, I think, is unique.). Being modular, it's heavier than a standard full-face helmet and I use mine on day rides. For longer rides, I have a Shoei Qwest. I bought mine online, and places like Revzilla.com sell Shark.

I currently have an HJC CL-MAX (I wear a XXL). I've had it for several years and like it but am wanting to move on to something a little more comfortable and nicer. I like having the swing up chin bar. Great for hot days in traffic or for gas stops etc. Anyone have other suggestions besides the Shark. I've called the two dealers I've found that are somewhat close and they don't have any of the larger sizes in stock...and I'm not much for buying a several hundred dollar helmet unless I know it's going to fit comfortably.

Suggestions for the bighead guy that wants a nice helmet??

A lot of modulars out there. If it fits and you don't mind the money Schuberth. A lot of people like the Nolan and Shoei Multitec.

A lot of choices.

Terry

I have a Shark RSX. It is light weight (1500g in size XS) and has good airflow. After about 200 miles, I get a pressure point on the back of my head. The visor system works well, but due to the discomfort on longer rides, I only wear this helmet around town.

My husband purchased an RSR 2. He liked the helmet, but for some reason, the coating began to peel off his face shield. Face shields for these helmets are a bit pricey at about $80.

I have an RSi which fits like an Arai Profile. It is very light weight, comfortable, and fits me well. Great quality, the best shield change system out there, fair venting and noise level. The shields are better quality than on the Shoeis that I have had.

I have owned the helmet for around 2 years.

Shark has a new distributer for the US and they are working to build better esposure to the brand and supply parts to current owners. Google Pacific Powersports, Inc to learn more.

Brian is who I spoke to about a liner.

I have an RSi which fits like an Arai Profile. It is very light weight, comfortable, and fits me well. Great quality, the best shield change system out there, fair venting and noise level. The shields are better quality than on the Shoeis that I have had.

I have owned the helmet for around 2 years.

Shark has a new distributer for the US and they are working to build better esposure to the brand and supply parts to current owners. Google Pacific Powersports, Inc to learn more.

Brian is who I spoke to about a liner.

thanks for the info.

I bought a Shark Evoline after seeing some very positive reviews but I ended up returning it. If I reacall it was quite heavy and I didn't like the mechanism/process for lifting and lowering the bottom half of the helmet. It was cumbersome.

In my efforts to find a helmet that is better than my 5 year old Nolan 102 I also tried the Shoei Multitech and Schubert C3. I am now of the opinion that despite its faults, the Nolan is best for me in fit and comfort.

Archived