IGNORED

Thank god for the bike - car got stolen!

macx

Just about didn't buy the bike before I came to Vegas for a 3 year contract job, but did because I'm working 4 day weeks and there's so much to see within a few hundred miles.

Planning a trip to the Sedona AZ area for tomorrow.

Anyway, when I went out to clean up the bike a little this morning, I noticed my car was gone. Had parked it in the apartment parking 6:30 last nite after getting a pizza for the NFL game. Gated apartment complex, but they're easy to fool.

What amazed me is why anyone would want to steal an 08 Volvo small station wagon where there so many other more expensive cars parked all around it. Can't be much call for parts for one thing.

And, of course, I had just put a new set of expensive Michelin's on it getting it ready to give to my daughter for her college graduation next spring, and a trailer hitch and wiring so I can pull my bike trailer in the meantime. And only 35k miles on it!

Some people ought to have their bag slit and their leg run thru it.

Might as well go on the trip, nothing better to do tomorrow. My luck I'll get caught in a storm or something worse.

Just had my 12k warranty servicing done today, $600 (!!). Can't imagine what it would be if I had a GT 1300 or 1600 with checking valve clearances and all that. Oh, well.

Sorry to hear about the car.

Just so you know cars like yours are often stolen to fill a repair order for another. There is a higher return on a repaired car when you don't have to actually purchase the parts to fix it.

Volvo's are not a typical 'on a whim' easy or desirable theft auto so it's probably being parted.

Yeah, it'd be a miracle if it even ever got found, let alone not stripped.

And I just spent an entire weekend wiring trailer lights on it so I could pull the bike trailer - one of those new canbus systems so had to take power from the battery and go thru the firewall with a power wire, PITA!! Not to mention the $1500 set of Michelin's.

Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

Well, a 700 mile trip from Vegas around the Sedona AZ area tomorrow will at least keep me occupied and something nice to

divert my attention.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Macx,

That right there is why I call them TMRs (therapeutic motorcycle rides).

Bring your swimsuit for slick or slippery rock or something like that on the creek outside of town.

Best wishes.

A few years ago my brother had his bike (two months old GSX-R600) stolen in Ft Lauderdale from the gated apartment complex he was living in. Security, cameras, gates... all to no avail. Needless to say he filed a complaint with the complex manager and, following another similar accident in which a Cadillac disappeared, a couple security guards joined the unemployment line.

The policeman who was assigned to the case immediately said there was very little if any hope of finding the bike.

Days after an old lady came forward saying she had seen two young men "I had never seen before" looking closely at the bike but "thought they were just admiring it". They had by-passed security in broad daylight. The thieves had paid a visit before striking...

Archived