IGNORED

Any way to hook a cell phone to the system on a 1200RT ?

macx

Seems the phone always rings when I'm on the road.

2011 1200 RT with the radio & sound system.

I'm totally ignorant of how to do this, but would suspect

somebody knows how.

Blue tooth, or??

Thanks!

Many improvements in Bluetooth technology have many riders beginning to use these. The Sena SMH10 system is good example of what is popular now. Paired to your smartphone, it can be more than just a phone.

I've had cell phone in my helmet for nearly 10 years using Autocom. Currently goes BT through Zumo to my Autocom and helmet speakers and mic. Works great and the other end can't even tell I'm on a bike.

• 3 weeks later...

just fit an Autocom system with part 2275 which will let you hear your audio system through your headset. Add part BTM-02A and bluetooth your phone, when it rings it will auto answer and cut your music and when you have finnished your call your music will return, no button pressing required

zumo+cell make a perfect marriage...

I've heard conflicting reports that the BMW Navigator IV's firmware has the cell phone profile disabled by default. Can anyone point me towards a definitive answer?

One possible pitfall to pairing the cell phone with the gps is that they will then be the same priority. Manipulating these priorities is possible by choosing whichever input best suits your needs. Audio transmits to all. If you are curious about different mute priorities, PM me and I'll lay it out for you.

I've had cell phone in my helmet for nearly 10 years using Autocom. Currently goes BT through Zumo to my Autocom and helmet speakers and mic. Works great and the other end can't even tell I'm on a bike.

While I have a dog in the fight, I've tried almost every common intercom system and Bluetooth headset. Bluetooth headsets work OK if connected to a single device. Once multiple devices become involved or when using bike-to-bike these systems begin to become problematic.

If you can tolerate a hard-wired headset, I recommend a wired system. More volume, better sound, and many more options. If not, you have too options, a bluetooth headset like the Sena or Scala paired to the bike or a bluetooth headset interface for an Autocom. The later offers much more versatility for adding inputs or bike-to-bike communication.

• 2 months later...

I have a Evo 4G and would like to hear music and GPS from the phone on the RT speakers. I can use the phone jack for a wired connection but am unable to use BT. Specifically, I can't pair the smartphone with the radio (2011 RT prior to Sirius). I have not been able to get SEARCH. There seems to be a select feature I am missing. When I use the multi-controller, it cycles through PAIRING, HELMET 1, HELMET 2, RESET.... I never have SEARCH option.

Is there a select button I'm missing?

Thanks for any help,

Bill

Same here, be doing that for over 100K miles.

+1 :thumbsup:

Archived