IGNORED

Brake Pads

cwilliams

What pads to get that do not eat up rotors and do not leave much dust?

I've been using EBC pads for the last 80k+ miles on my 07 RT and still have the original rotors. Haven't noticed much dust either.

What pads to get that do not eat up rotors and do not leave much dust?

Morning cwilliams

OEM pads

I agree. Won't be finding me using anything else on my RT unless price shoots in the stratosphere.

BMW dropped the price sharply last year, though this year it climbed up again. Yes, I go through so many sets I can monitor price changes in real time.

I've never got along well with any EBC product so I cannot recommend it.

But on Oilhead bikes equipped with organic brake pads as OE (Tokico caliper) Carbone Lorraine A3+ are a big improvement

I have no special attachment to BMW stuff, but the stockers on my model have the anti-rattle springs. No big thing to install them to other brands, but a nice feature.

I rather like Dunlop pads - not sure if they are still sold under the Dunlop name.

Ben

Won't be finding me using anything else on my RT unless price shoots in the stratosphere.

Not sure how high OEM pads need to get before they are in the stratosphere. OEM pads are 3X the cost of EBC HH pads.

That being said, I liked my OEM pads better than the EBC. EBC's are no more dusty, just don't like the feel and I get a wee bit of squeal now and then.

Archived