IGNORED

Tank Bag mounting on R1200RT

cowchip

I am looking at optional non-OEM tank bags and like the Marsee 12 liter teardrop. This is a 4 point mounting strap. Has anyone been successful in using 4-point over a three point system?

Other considerations have been a Wolfman and RKA with Eclipse running forth.

I want to start doing a few trips and need the functionality of a bag.

Thanks,

I bought the RT bag but its BIGGER than I need. I tried unscrewing the screws to try and change bags. But the screws didnt seem to come out and /or seem to be grabbing anything on the bag???????? Can you unscrew OEM bag and put something else on?

Evening zixis9

Yes you can. You need to find a way to keep the screw heads from turning when removing the stock bag from the mounting plate.

You can slit the fabric in the bottom of your stock bag then reach under the fabric with a wrench to hold the tops of the fasteners from turning.

OR, do what I did & that was to use a pair of small pliers to punch the fastener tops right through the fabric (pinch the bag bottom fabric around the fasteners using the pliers. That way I didn’t slit the fabric. Not sure you could reassemble it as it would be difficult to line the bolts back up under the fabric.

Thanks! I'll check it out more closely. Im hoping the DVD im waiting on will answer many additional questions. I have a big touratech bag that is perfect for me that I was using. Ill probably use the RT bag for Alaska!

So im lookin at the RT bag and after forkin over $300+ Im sayin Im not ripping this up. So I started messin with my cortech bag and was able to rig it up on the rack into a workable rig. Dont have to remove to fill up. Happiness reigns once again! Now I have a BIG one and a normal one to use.You guys are quite motivational!!

Archived