IGNORED

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT/Road 2 - recent punctures.

AlexG

Hi,

both tires, Michelin Pilot Power 2CT/Road 2 (front/rear), suffered punctures after 2-3 K miles on them (almost new for my style of riding). Front first and then the rear. I do maintain recommended pressure and check it often. It appears these tires “attract” nails. I went through few sets of Dunlop’s before (different sport-tourer) and never had a flat. Are these just accidents or a pattern with Michelin Pilot’s? The grooves on Michelin’s are shallow – could that be the reason they get punctured easier? Has anyone noticed anything similar?

Ride safe!

Alex.

Some constuction sites and some pickups leak nails and screws like there is no tomorrow. I once complained to one foreman about this and he said they did not lose any nails on the road. I walked out onto the road in front of his site and picked up 3 nail in less than a minute. Still would not pay for the new flat tire I had.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

When someone in my neighborhood has a shake roof replaced, I don't ride. 2 flats for 2 roofs when on the same street plus 1 for 1 a block away the only time I've ever ridden on that street.

Archived