IGNORED

Lightest helmet for touring

bigwaves

My 2011 RT just arrived last week and have been riding almost non stop. Great bike. On a long ride today i realized my helemt is getting heavy. I would like to get a lighter more aerodynamic than my old Aria for touring.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Welcome.

Tell us a little about how you ride. I am using an Icon Variant with a full mask and a visor. I love this helmet. It is great for my ride up to about 100mph. After that it does start to kick a little even with their patented visor. It is really light.

Kaisr

After I had neck surgery I went shopping for a new helmet that first, fit well and second was as light as possible. I bought the Nexx XR1R Carbon, to date the lightest full face helmet WBW has tested. Fortunately for me it fits great, has a large eyeport, takes my speakers without a problem. Extremely light. Very happy with it.

I'm using the European version of the Nolan N43 Trilogy, the N43 Air. This is without question the lightest, quietest, best-venting helmet I've ever owned.

N43 Air

My helmet is not DOT approved, but meets European full-face standards. :S

You can get them from Europe in about 2-3 weeks.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Neutral on the Multi-tec. By far, the noisest helmet I've ever worn. I deal with that by wearing earplugs. When it's warm out, it is nice to open the face at a light or when walking in from the parking lot at work.

Schuberth C-3 is the lightest, most quiet flip-up helmet I've ever

owned. I'm looking into adding the integrated communications unit.

Don

+1 on the C3. Very light and Very quiet. No longer need earplugs with the C3. A little expensive but after 8 months, I'm not looking back. One of my best investments. the inner shield and the integrated pin-loc makes for a great helmet. I really like the N-103 N-com from Nolan but way too loud. I don't know how Schuberth achieved the quietness but it is amazing and significantly lighter than anything I've worn before.

Look at < webbikeworld.com > They have an extensive table of helmet weights, noise levels and more. Look closely, tho, as not all the listed helmets are the same size so YMMV.

p

I'm using the European version of the Nolan N43 Trilogy, the N43 Air. This is without question the lightest, quietest, best-venting helmet I've ever owned.

N43 Air

My helmet is not DOT approved, but meets European full-face standards. :S

You can get them from Europe in about 2-3 weeks.

I can second the lightweight comfort for the N43. One BIG note of caution. As Ed says, his is a Euro version of the N43. Unfortunately I went with the US version and, in my opinion, it's only fair at venting. In fact my N102 is actually better I think. If I had it to do over, I'd have ordered the Euro version.

I use an Akuma Phantom. You can check out the review at Webbike World. It is amazingly light. It's air flow is very good and IMHO it's quieter than my X-11. I had to tinker with the lining to get it to stay put and I had some customer service issues that took a while (and a certified letter) to resolve. It has a transitions visor which is da bomb.

New Arai RX-Q weighs about 3-1/2 lbs, a large number of full face helmets fall within that range....This is my second Quantum as they meet all my requirements...Highly rated for safety which is #1 for me ..Check the list in the link for many helmet weights...Not sure how old this list is however...

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmet-weights.htm

Rode 600 mile with my new Schuberth C-3. I've had an Arai and an HJC. The Schuberth is by far my favorite. Lightweight, aerodynamic, quiet, well made. The only complaint I have is that you can not put the face shield up at speeds over 40 to 50 mph. Apparently this is a "feature" of the helmet. I rode in heavy rain much of the time. The sun visor is excellent. It also comes with an extra visor that snaps on to the face shield to prevent fogging. It works fine.

Archived