IGNORED

Circulating fresh oil for winter lay up.

KDeline

I want to circulate fresh oil without starting the engine for the winter shutdown. Yea I'm becoming more anal. Instead of pulling the 4 plugs and grounding them, is the connection on top of the injector a controller? If I pull this off will the injector not fire a gas charge? This is on a 2007 1200 GSA. Is there a better way then this to spin the engine with the starter and not start it?

Evening KDeline

Yes, you can un-plug the power wire on each injector then crank the engine. By unplugging the power wire to each injector it can’t/won’t spray any fuel when cranked.

Evening KDeline

Yes, you can un-plug the power wire on each injector then crank the engine. By unplugging the power wire to each injector it can’t/won’t spray any fuel when cranked.

Can you not accomplish the same thing by cranking with the side stand down?

Evening KDeline

+1

Evening KDeline

+1

Evening KDeline

+1

Mine starts with the side stand down, in neutral. In gear it will not crank. I don't know of a way to crank the motor without disconnecting something. Older bikes would spin up with the kill switch off.

Archived