IGNORED

Question about my 2009 R1200RT?

johnhunter44

I need to get a new seat for my 2009 RT. Can anyone tell me if Corbin ever runs a sale during the Fall/Winter? I don't want to go 3-4 weeks without a saddle and that makes a custom seat difficult. I ride year round and need the bike too much for just general transportation. The only other "off the shelf" saddle maker I know is Sargent and I had a Corbin once on a Honda Valkyrie and liked it.

Edit/Delete Message

Touratech makes a aftermarket saddle for the RT. Also, some of the custom seat makers have seat pans they will use to make your saddle then you return your seat pan to them after you get the custome saddle. You can also make a ride-in appointment with some of the seat makers and you ride away with your new saddle.

I had a Bill Mayer seat custom made and i am very happy with it. I purchased a used unheated seat from Ebay and used that while my seat was being made. After I was happy with the new seat i sold the used one on Ebay for the same price I bought it for. The only thing it cost me was the shipping charges. Just though I would pass on another option.

Jim

Having now ridden quite a few thousand miles with the Touratech seat I cannot praise it highly enough.

No need to send in your seat since it will come with a genuine BMW base. ;)

I need to get a new seat for my 2009 RT. Can anyone tell me if Corbin ever runs a sale during the Fall/Winter? I don't want to go 3-4 weeks without a saddle and that makes a custom seat difficult. I ride year round and need the bike too much for just general transportation. The only other "off the shelf" saddle maker I know is Sargent and I had a Corbin once on a Honda Valkyrie and liked it.

Edit/Delete Message

Corbin uses there own pan on there seats so no need to send yours.Just call order and wait for the new seat.

Having now ridden quite a few thousand miles with the Touratech seat I cannot praise it highly enough.

This is good to know. It's on my list of things to save up for and add to my RT.

Wayne

This is good to know. It's on my list of things to save up for and add to my RT.

Wayne

Mind it's MUCH harder than stock and, after a lifetime of riding sportsbikes, I just couldn't get on with the RT soft seat.

This suits my needs just right.

Thanks for the offer, Digger Jim, I am in South Carolina. Should I decide on a custom seat, I may take you up on your kind offer. Of course, I would want to pay all shipping costs. Thanks again...

Archived