IGNORED

booster plug

kryter

I have not installed it on mine (yet) and might never as my bike does not exhibit any surging from what I can tell.

Too many other parts to get 100% before worrying about modifications.

So purely on visible side, the unit is very well built and doesn't give the appearance of cheap "junk".

Morning kryter

Save your money. That thing has a very limited ability to help on the closed loop BMW boxer systems. It doesn’t so anything at all when the bike is running in closed loop (that is during most light throttle, steady throttle, & in the dreaded surging operating range).

If it helps at all it would be on throttle position changes like light acceleration & the BMW is already pretty good in that particular area.

It will richen the system on starting & cold engine operation & in my estimation cause over fueling on a cold start & cold engine rideaway. That can cause more engine wear as overfuleing cold can wash the cylinder walls.

Before spending big money on things like this expensive resistor just try unplugging your 02 sensor then riding the bike for a while. That will richen the fueling a bit in the areas that matter (like the surging range & light throttle study cruise).

If you have money to spare then you would be MUCH better off getting an adjustable Techlusion fuel controller than that expensive Booster Plug intake air spoofer as the Techlusion allows the fueling to be modified in the ranges that matter like the surging operational range & light throttle cruising.

Also be careful on what you read online on things like the booster plug & similar devices as they can help on certain motorcycles. Mainly on open loop motorcycles like the early Ducati’s. Some motorcycles (mainly open loop only fuel injection) does use the Air Intake Sensor more for fueling control. The BMW boxer is a closed loop system so doesn’t rely on the Air Intake Sensor for warm engine light throttle fueling control.

I am waiting for mine to show up for a K1300S. I will let you know how it goes. Bear in mind I will be fitting it (if it arrives in time) then heading off to Phillip Island for the MotoGP which may delay my response

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted it to a K1300S and took it on a 2500 kms/1500 mile trip to Phillip Island. Some observations may be a placebo effect but I find that the bike seems to run smoother, and throttle response is sharper. However, one thing was clear. I noticed that prior to fitting the booster plug there was consistently a lag when blipping the throttle. This is now gone. I have not noticed any increase in fuel consumption. For $149 I am happy

Archived