IGNORED

Anybody have any experience/opinion on HJC FS-15 Carbon.

Polo

I bought the HJC CL-Max II. I like it a lot. Good fit and feel.It's a good fit for a long oval head.I hope you enjoy it if you buy. I had the option of sending mine back if I didn't like it. Will you?

motorcyclegear.com has a non-carbon version of the FS-15 on sale for $65!

No wonder, that one on sale for $65 is hideous. But thanks for the tip. :wave:

On second thought... What do you all think about painting a helmet?

I've got the red one, it's one of the lightest helmets available. Shield replacement is fast & easy and they are setup for pinlock inserts. It does not flow as much air as my Bell Star so the FS-15 is my 'winter' helmet ;-)

motorcyclegear.com has a non-carbon version of the FS-15 on sale for $65!

No wonder, that one on sale for $65 is hideous. But thanks for the tip. :wave:

On second thought... What do you all think about painting a helmet?

I've painted helmets before and, if prepped correctly, they look good and last. Match your bike's color.

It is an ugly helmet. Not my style for sure but the price is attractive. Are you looking for a helmet to accomodate a round head or an oval? According to to a personal communication from Fritzie Cota at HJC the FS-15 is more for an oval head.

I have worn a SHOEI RF-900 for years, I find that fit very comfortable. I guess I should go somewhere and try an FS-15 before placing an order.

I've been wearing an FS15 for about three years now. If you're comfortable in a Shoei RF, which I have also had, you will most likely be comfortable in the FS15. The fit is very close to an RF1000 or RF1100.

I've been wearing an FS15 for about three years now. If you're comfortable in a Shoei RF, which I have also had, you will most likely be comfortable in the FS15. The fit is very close to an RF1000 or RF1100.

That is great info. Now, I also have an RF-1000, which seems to be shallower than the RF-900. What I mean is that the RF-1000 does not seem to sit as far down the neck, "biting" my earlobes a bit. Do you know which would be the case in relation to the FS15?

I have one as well as a bell star. The bell vents and fits me better but j used my carbon the other day and it is nice and light. I do prefer my bell star but for the price and the weight the carbon HJC is incredible. I may end up with another one someday.

I have this helmet. it wears nice,but little noisey. I think cuz it so thin of a material. Try to fit it tight as you can, and still comfortable. The vents are great, very cool, you can feel the air across your head. At 80mph i can not hear my music in the speakers, but is solid as a rock at that speed. Hope this helps.

Archived