IGNORED

Torque Wrench

1springer

I have a couple of Craftsman beam-type torque wrenches. I like that they're simple, affordable, and, so far, durable. I've used some fancy clicker type ones borrowed from my cousin's extensive tool collection, but for my occasional use, I don't see the added benefit of the added complexity and cost.

I purchased 2 Torque Wrenches.

One a German Precision clicker type, 5Nm ~ 25Nm

And a digital unit with a very large handle, 20Nm ~ 230Nm.

The large digital is a "must" as tightening up the Bolt of the final drive hinge on the RHS and the Locknut on the LHS require 160Nm. At that kind of torque, a large handle with a long moment makes all the difference.

+1 on Sears Craftsman, I got two, one long handled and one short that cover the range of tightness. The price and quality are adequate for my needs and if you watch the advertisements at Sears you can get them on sale. Good luck. Don

Autocom Matt
+1 on Sears Craftsman, I got two, one long handled and one short that cover the range of tightness. The price and quality are adequate for my needs and if you watch the advertisements at Sears you can get them on sale. Good luck. Don

Another +1. Just remember no lifetime warranty but they can get them re-calibrated.

A beam wrench will teach your arm about torque. Just as accurate as clicker wrenches.

Clickers are for folks with bifocals or working upside down.

Ben

Bought two today, a 5-80 ft-lb clicker (Ace Hardware Pro, all metal and looks well built) and a beam wrench. Appreciate the feedback from all.

A beam wrench will teach your arm about torque. Just as accurate as clicker wrenches.

Clickers are for folks with bifocals or working upside down.

Ben

I resemble that remark. :mad:

;)

As a bifocal wearer and often working upside down if not backarsed, I meant no offense.

A clicker is also better in the dark. And on factory assembly lines.

But otherwise, just one more time (like with digital speedometers) when "hi tech" gives the false illusion of "better."

Ben

Archived