IGNORED

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift Table

dazzz

I've used my lift table to do two air head spline lubes with no problems but the 1150 RT is heavier and more cumbersome. Anyone have any experience with this? The table is supposed to have 1000 pounds capacity. I'd sure hate to see my bike fall so far! I'm going to do clutch and spline lube this winter and it would be a lot easier closer to eye level. Thanks for the input.

Reassembly003.jpg

CaptainKcorb

I've got the same table and have had no problems with my RT (about 600lbs wet) on it. In fact, I've done quite a bit of work on a friends Harley Road King which is pretty close to the 1000lbs rating with no issues.

I'd be sure to not only strap the bike down on both sides, but also strap the front wheel to the center stand to make sure you don't push it off. The bike lift itself seems to be built like a tank.

Cheers,

I've had my RT on mine many times without incident (although a little help with on and off doesn't hurt). I've got the front wheel clamp on mine, though.

"I would want a good wheel clamp not the cheap one that is on my HF lift....AND some help with on and off."

Put ramps on so I could get on & off the bike w/o falling.

Connected to ramp to prevent movement. Also allows me to ride up the ramp & dismount with the sidestand down on the ramp.

394175154_zStPm-M.jpg

I would want a good wheel clamp not the cheap one that is on my HF lift....AND some help with on and off.

I installed one of the "good" wheel clamps on my lift table. Been meaning to take it back off! Very hard to get the bike far enough forward so that when you raise the bike onto the center stand the front wheel clamp is in/near the right position. Tie-downs are your friend, too much faith in any of the wheel clamps is tempting fate.

I've been procrastinating on using a HF coupon for one of the lifts ($299), but I'm trying to figure out a place to put it when I'm not using the lift. When the lift is in the lowest position, will it be too tall to fit under an average car? I'm wondering if I can park the car over it. HF also has extension plates for the sides, I don't really know if they're worth having or not, I can't really tell in the photos above if any of you have them mounted.

Mine measures 7.5 inches tall including the piece of half inch plywood that covers the top surface. (less slippage). I also drilled half inch holes around the perimiter of the table for tie down straps. Of course the front wheel chock will not fit under your car. I made mine from heavy 4 inch channel but it does not tighten on the front wheel. I just pull the bike against it. I guess the 1150 will spend the snowy months on top of it.

I've been procrastinating on using a HF coupon for one of the lifts ($299), but I'm trying to figure out a place to put it when I'm not using the lift. When the lift is in the lowest position, will it be too tall to fit under an average car? I'm wondering if I can park the car over it. HF also has extension plates for the sides, I don't really know if they're worth having or not, I can't really tell in the photos above if any of you have them mounted.

I have a heavier lift table, but had the same issue with storage. I bought a 110 volt 1100# winch at Harbor Freight and mounted it at the peak of my garage at the wall. I did a little reinforcement in the trusses. I added some lawn mower wheels to the table to allow me to move it. Now I stand my lift table on end against the wall when it is not in use. Takes less than 5 minutes to set it up when I need it.

I sold mine but kind of wish I would have kept it - as you can see it handled a 900 pound GoldWing - Notice the front wheel chock - a must have - Tom

390408070.jpg

I use my harbor freight lift for my RT all the time but I decided to get there all pneumatic lift, like a handy clone. Its been an excellent lift so far. I was bit impressed with the foot pump model I tried in the store.

Yeeha! Stephen
I'm trying to figure out a place to put it when I'm not using the lift.

I roll mine over on the "bike" side of the garage... tween the scooters.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=5782&filename=Garage b.jpg

5782.jpg.b77e1004de5700c4c225be8e7ea22353.jpg

No issues with mine either. I strap the passenger pegs to the lift via tie-downs for extra stability.

I park mine under my truck. It drives right over it if its in the down position :dopeslap:

Looking at these pictures remind me of how ugly these bikes are when they are stripped down.

rt_1318546486.jpg

Nice n Easy Rider
Looking at these pictures remind me of how ugly these bikes are when they are stripped down.

Could probably say the same thing about most of us as well. :D

Archived