IGNORED

Help with 12V plug

engraver

Help out a New-B – I bought a R1100RT, Touring – It has 2 - 12 volt plug’s – Both are very small – not the Automotive size – I want to be able to plug in my 12 air compressor – do I buy an adaptor for these small plugs some place or do I just wire in a new 12Volt automotive size plug for my compressor? – I haven’t seen these small plugs before –

I sent a vendor a note & he said that he wouldn’t use any other type plug? – I just don’t understand what I can plug into them – I haven’t ever owned heated riding gear – do they use this type of plug? – can I buy a GPS with this type of plug? Sorry for being so stupid but I just haven’t ran into this before.

Thanks – tom

They make a specific plug to fit into those. I got mine from A&S BMW out there in California. They may be available in stores that sell foreign car parts. I have more information at home-sorry just not here at work.

They make a specific plug to fit into those. I got mine from A&S BMW out there in California. They may be available in stores that sell foreign car parts. I have more information at home-sorry just not here at work.

thank you - A&S is only 30 miles south of me

Autocom Matt

The powerlet was developed to over com the sae cigar lighter issue of working itself out under vibration. I'd switch to power let on the compressor. Just buy connector.

I mentioned I knew of an accessory plug in. It is a Hella plug #8JA002252-102. It is convertible, that is the tip can be removed to fit the BMW accessory plug. You might want to get some to wire up other devices or get the plug Mike RC mentioned.Several tractor compaines use this plug for the GPS units. Good luck.

Archived