IGNORED

Need GPS Advice

engraver

What is the best bang for the buck for a GPS for my RT? I'm not a GPS Geek - I don't care about the latest & greatest - Don't want to spend 500 bucks - but I do miss not having one at times - My last GoldWing had one built in - thanks - tom

Garmin 2820 or equivalent BMW Nav 3.

Garmin Zumo 450,or 550 if you can find a deal

Garmin Nuvi 500

If you dont mind smaller screen,look at Garmin 60Cx or 60CSx

or Garmin 76CSx(CSx adds altimiter and barometer)

All are waterproof units and run currently available Garmin maps.

60 and 76 series and the nuvi 500 can be found for under $250

2820 or Nav 3 in the $250-400 range and the Zumo's in the $350-500 range.

Prices are for used or refurb units.

Zumo and Nuvi are simplest to use.The others are easy,but can also do more complex features depending on the model.

The 60,76 also run all day on battery power and are handheld for other off bike uses.Zumo's have internal battery,but only good for 3-4 hrs.

JR356

You can find great deals on older model Garmin GPS's like the ZUMO 550 and the 60csx. Even though the 60csx has a small screen, I like how you can customize the screen data to show just what you want. On the other hand, I like listening to music on the ZUMO 550 on long rides. Neither is the "latest and greatest" but both do more than you need.

Firefight911
You can find great deals on older model Garmin GPS's like the ZUMO 550 and the 60csx. Even though the 60csx has a small screen, I like how you can customize the screen data to show just what you want. On the other hand, I like listening to music on the ZUMO 550 on long rides. Neither is the "latest and greatest" but both do more than you need.

Stand by for mod approval and a 550 will be up for sale!

Stand by for mod approval and a 550 will be up for sale!

me no savy - want to send me e-mail? th1946@gmail.com

Firefight911

I wrote up a classified for a 550 I am selling. The rules of this board require any post within the classifieds sub forum to be submitted and before they show up they require moderator approval. This usually takes up to a day.

I wrote up a classified for a 550 I am selling. The rules of this board require any post within the classifieds sub forum to be submitted and before they show up they require moderator approval. This usually takes up to a day.

Hook & Ladder - I don't care who you are thats funny - I'm just up the road in Marysville - tom

Good write up, looks good. My only gripe with the Garmin Nuvi's is that their bluetooth only supports phones now, not head sets such as SENA...

What is the best bang for the buck for a GPS for my RT? I'm not a GPS Geek - I don't care about the latest & greatest - Don't want to spend 500 bucks - but I do miss not having one at times - My last GoldWing had one built in - thanks - tom

Do you need voice navigation? What other things do you require? How small of a screen can you tolerate?

I use the Garmin 60csx and had a 60 cx. I take it off the bike and use it for hiking, etc. Small and portable but no voice commands for navigating. And it's waterproof.

Refine what you really need from a GPS before you spend too much $ on what you don't need.

Not true about the Nuvi 765T. I use headset, Schubert currently, Scala Rider previously, for MP3 player plus phone by way of bluetooth.

Not true about the Nuvi 765T. I use headset, Schubert currently, Scala Rider previously, for MP3 player plus phone by way of bluetooth.

Is the MP3 BT in Stereo?

I use a Garmin nüvi 765/765T.

Best feature set for Garmin nüvi models (has MP3 player, stereo bluetooth, etc.) A few RAM mount parts smartly and securely attach it to the bike, and a zip-loc bag will keep it dry in downpours.

Archived