IGNORED

Warm & Safe Heat Troller Keeps Blinking on the Glove Line

RockBottom

After using heated gloves for a couple of winters, I finally broke down and got a jacket liner. Then I sprung for the dual controller. Thing is, whichever line I connect the gloves to keeps blinking. The jacket line glows solid. Both seem to be working. And the glove line blinks whether I run it through the jacket or on a direct Y harness. Any ideas? Thanks.

It gets weirder. I played with it some more and find that the blinking light turns solid once I increase it above the half way point.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I haven't used mine in a couple years but, think mine did that too. I could be mistaken but the blinking rings a bell. Always has worked well.

The blinking is normal. It's showing you the glove or whatever is plugged into that part of the controller is not pulling power constantly.

That makes sense and would account for what I'm seeing. I think what threw me was that the documentation with the thing said, "Flashing LED provides visual feedback that the unit is turned on. Red when working correctly."

Are they heating?

BTW, I was wrong.

The Gerbing's Lifetime Warranty is for the heat. Anything having to do with the wiring inside the garment is covered, to the original owner, for life. Wiring. Plugs. Heating pads. Connectors. All of it.

The controller has a 3 year warranty.

Best wishes.

Archived