IGNORED

10 Dollar Running lights on my R1200RT

ChrisSkor

Why pay $300 for LED running lights. Check this out, I made these running lights for $10. They light up the area in front of my bike, and shine on the side of the bike to increase my visibility in intersections.

10DollarLights

Chris,

I am not sure if you are joking or seriously considered mounting a flashlight on a motorcycle.

a few problems:

these minis has low light output

need to feed it with alkaline or rechargeable batteries

unreliable- I have several "free HarborFT" lights, only half of those works, the other half only works after a few good taps; and I have not tried to get them wet yet.

There lots of creative ideas, but I would put consider this one a no-no.

Sustengo, there always a nay sayer in the garden of brilliance!

Everthing from Harbor Freight is of the highest quality. Just ask them, they'll tell you!

at night they will be handy for fixing flat, finding your keys if dropped, and getting a couple dozen nightcrawlers if going fishing.

also, may need some plexi-glass or the like over the lense to prevent breakage.

I've got over $800 invested in dual running light/fog lights, euroswitch activators, LED brake lights, retroreflective SOLAS tape inside my GIVI plastic reflector' areas, retroreflecive tape on rear and side or saddlebags.

I feel like I have more than 80 times the ROI compared to your set up.

YMMV

Why pay $300 for LED running lights. Check this out, I made these running lights for $10. They light up the area in front of my bike, and shine on the side of the bike to increase my visibility in intersections.

10DollarLights

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Jack

• 2 weeks later...
Fightingpiper
What did you use for a mounting bracket?

I just used the screw that holds that part of the fender. The lights came with everything else..

Archived