IGNORED

Scored a new battery

Rougarou

While surfing Craigslist on Thursday, I noticed a new gel battery part no. 61212346800 that was listed. After playing email tag, I finally set up a time to meet with the guy to buy the battery off of him. The guy buys storage units and this battery happened to be in one that he bought. The battery has a manufacture date of 06/11 and was still factory sealed with the instructions inside. Currently, I don't need a battery, but, I'm guessing that my 2006 RT has the original in it and can go at anytime, so this one will go on the shelf until needed. The best part is that the battery only cost me $80.

Richard - On the BMW/Exide batteries, the date is the "install by" date, not the "new" date. Nevertheless the one you found is probably fine for future use particularly if it gets charged up once a month or so while in storage.

Richard - On the BMW/Exide batteries, the date is the "install by" date, not the "new" date. Nevertheless the one you found is probably fine for future use particularly if it gets charged up once a month or so while in storage.

Wow, thanks for the info, I did not know that.

Archived