IGNORED

Go Pro Help !!!

Redbrick

Read instructions and fiddled with Go Pro....But can't figure out how to download videos to computer out of camera....Tried using a card reader too.. (I know, it's probably simple, but)....I can view videos on the screen on the camera but need help on how to get them into the computer...I must be missing something basic in the directions.... :P

Thanks....

An old guy trying to be a nerd but not doing well !!! :(

OK, what I didn't see at first is that you need to have the camera powered off, connect the cable to both the camera and the computer and then turn on the camera. At that point (I am assuming you are using Windows) will recognize the new hardware as a hard drive and load the drivers for it (first time only).

At that point, it should open up a dialog box asking what you want to do, offering choices, one of which should be Open Windows Explorer to view the files. I select this one, and then can interact with the camera just like a USB stick. Select the file or files and copy them to your hard drive, or view them directly (not recommended as this would be somewhat slow).

Once I copy them over to the hard drive, and know that this was successful, I just delete them from the camera so that I then have space for more pictures or videos.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Glenn........Probably didn't have camera off when hooking up...Yes, it's Windows and in my fumbling have had the dialog box with choices come up.........I'll give it a try and thanks again...

Why bother with cable hookups when it's sooo easy to pop the SD card out of the camera.

Stick it in the computer and then drag and drop the file(s) to where ever you want.

Done!

This is what I do with ALL my cameras. Sure keeps the cable tangles to a minimum too.

Why bother with cable hookups when it's sooo easy to pop the SD card out of the camera.

Stick it in the computer and then drag and drop the file(s) to where ever you want.

Done!

This is what I do with ALL my cameras. Sure keeps the cable tangles to a minimum too.

Morning Bernd

Why?- Because some people are still using older computers with only a USB 1.1 available. Those won't read (stand alone) modern large capacity SD cards or camera cards without an interface (like through the camera or through a GPS interface).

Hey D.R.

Yes you're right. I WAS thinking of more current machines.

My now retired 5 year old computer could only handle standard SD cards up to 2 gig.

However with a very inexpensive flash drive (looks like a Bic lighter made by EMPREX), I could plug in even my 32 gig SDHC cards no sweat.

Archived