IGNORED

Shuberth Helmets

GordonB

For those of you in the Orange County, CA area Shuberth will be at Irv Seavers offering demo rides (your bike) with their helmets. A good chance to try one out. They will also be available to service/repair your helmet.

Plus there will be free Brats and sauerkraut. Yum!

This Saturday 10-22

I had a similar problem with a C2 but just depressed the styrofoam in the forehead area and all was well. My C3 seems to fit fine. Expensive but really quiet and nice. Best I've ever had.

Arai head. :) Yeah, love to have one with the SRC communication system but it needs to fit.

The Arai Vector fits my head perfect and I made the mistake of falling for the Schuberth and ignoring the forehead hot-spot. Can't take it...so if you want a large white C3 with the SRC collar (brand new), check the classifieds. I'll give you a good deal. :wave:

Good deal huh? :) Have to warn you, sometimes my short arms can't reach to the bottom of my pockets! :grin: White wouldn't be my first choice of color (no offense) & I think I may have the same fit problem as you. I didn't see it in the classifieds.

Pat

Good deal huh? :) Have to warn you, sometimes my short arms can't reach to the bottom of my pockets! :grin: White wouldn't be my first choice of color (no offense) & I think I may have the same fit problem as you. I didn't see it in the classifieds.

Pat

Schuberth I looked too.

Thanks Richard! :thumbsup:

Pat

No problem, but if you don't buy it, he can always donate it to the "Richard's slightly used Schuberth helmet fund", it's a tax deductible donation ;)

I wear a Nolan N-103 and I'm not happy with the noise so I'm constantly looking at other modulars. A close friend recently got a C-3 and I got to take it out for 1/2 hour. Nice....not nirvana, not SO nice that I'll pony up $700 for it though.

Maybe it expired?

The rub...

C3, white, Large, worn for ~2 hours, new condition - zero blemishes. SRC collar installed. Make me an offer via PM. Paid like $1200 or something absurd, but would take much less.

Man..wish this was a bigger size, I'd be all over it! Once again cursed by the big head!

Maybe it expired?

The rub...

C3, white, Large, worn for ~2 hours, new condition - zero blemishes. SRC collar installed. Make me an offer via PM. Paid like $1200 or something absurd, but would take much less.

I just bought a C3 from Extreme Supply in Long Beach (two blocks from Long Beach BMW). They didn't want me to tell everyone what I paid. I did get it for less than LBBMW's price. I also got the com system, again for less than LBBMW's price. It's still pricey but less than what I would have paid otherwise. :)

Has anyone tried the Schuberth J1? A friend over here has one and loves it. I may be looking into that option. Saw them for sale on the web for $540ish. The comm system will snap in them as well.

• 3 months later...

Hey you Schuberth peeps :D

Can anyone tell me what shape of head fits the C3?

I have a Nolan/HJC head - round/square and I wear a Large.

I think this thing would match the neon in an Olympia AST jacket. I could be really annoying....

(put on your sunglasses)

i-PHtJSx4-L.jpg

Kathy, I’m a wannabe Schuberth peep! :) IMO they do seem to fit a round noggin better than an oval one. Tried one on for about ten minutes and I began to feel a slight pressure on my forehead. I really like the helmet but it's an expensive gamble for me.

Pat

Kathy, I went from a Schuberth C2 Large to a Nolan N103 Large to a Schuberth C3 Large and they all fit me fine. I really liked the Nolan N103 except it is very noisy compared to the C3 plus the C3 is much lighter. Worth the money for me.

Does this mean that if I have a more oval head I would find Arai more comfortable?

Currently have HJC and find forehead pressure especially at higher speed and head taking brunt of wind.

I was wondering if Schuberth helmets are worth the bucks. I believe spending money on good safety gear is well worth the investment. I am worth it, right!

I have an Arai Corsair now and love the helmet but would love a modular. I also like the blue tooth collar. I would like to hear any feed back any of you have about the product if you have one and have used one of the C3.

malcolmblalock

I have a C3 and a roundish head. The Nolans always fit well, and the Schuberth fits just as good. Also, the Shoei Multitec fit very well. The Arai don't fit (tight in sides; loose in front or back).

The C3 is expensive, but the best helmet I've owned. Lighter and quieter, IMO.

I'm worth it!

I have a large (61-62cm) C3. It fits me well and I have a round head. My perception is that they're sized for a more oval head. As I've broken it in I've noticed a little more clearance around my forehead. Love the quietness and the visor optics. :D

You have to find a way to try on the Schuberth. Lots of opinions here that don't seem to be consistent. The C3 fits me well. An Arai Vector does also. Arai calls it intermediate oval in shape.

I really appreciate the input everyone. Thank you!

My local dealer will have the C3 (in large) in stock in mid March. I'll look forward to trying it on and seeing how it feels. I've worn earplugs for years, but I'd like to lower the wind noise still further. I'm concerned about reports here that the Schuberth doesn't offer as much protection. My Nolan 102 afforded me the protection I needed, so that does concern me. More research needed. Yeah, at double the price I want the Schuberth to do it all!

And I don't like the yellow color on the Nolan

I like the scary neon color on the Schuberth.

I want to be scary next time ;)

Does this mean that if I have a more oval head I would find Arai more comfortable?

Currently have HJC and find forehead pressure especially at higher speed and head taking brunt of wind.

I'm on the intermediate oval side and find most Arai's very comfortable. HJCs are too round for me. I bought a C3 about a month ago and at first I was feeling some forehead pressure and it left a red spot. I've kept wearing it and it is starting to break in become very comfortable and the concentrated red spot has gone away. If you are a true oval and find the Arai Profile to be the perfect helmet then I would look elsewhere. It is tough to make a commitment to try to break in a helmet that costs this much though. I spent a couple of weeks wearing it in the house before I made the plunge to keep it and took it out for a ride. I'd definitely try one on in person first or order from a place that has a good return policy.

I know this is about Shuberth helmets but don't dismiss helmets by the brand name. Some folks have commented that HJC is for rounder heads. This may be true for some models but not all. I think you'll find this also applies to other makers who make some round head models for all you Charlie Brown heads and the long oval guys like me may find other models work too for example HJC Oval shaped helmets will be:

RPS-10

FS-15

IS-16

SY-MAX II

CL-MAX II

These model are the full face and modular units!! Try different models/ brands on for fit and comfort.

Archived