IGNORED

Big MAK Tank Bags

Westbound

Anybody know what happened to Mark, the owner ? Seems to just have vanished. I 'm in the market for a new/used tank bag if anybody knows where to find one, Thanks !

Kent.

Anybody know what happened to Mark, the owner ? Seems to just have vanished. I 'm in the market for a new/used tank bag if anybody knows where to find one, Thanks !

Can't say what happened to Mark but I can tell you that i've been trying to reach for well over 2 months now with no luck.

Anybody else got some intel on this?

Tried very hard to get ahold of him almost a year ago with no luck. Assuming he is out of business. I went with an RKA tank bag and I'm happy with it.

It doesn't appear that Mark is currently in the business, but he's a member here and last logged in a few weeks ago. You might try a PM to him; his username is bigmak.

I've had a couple of his bags and I think they're a cut above all the rest. It's a really clever concept and he's a really clever guy.

Let us know if you hear anything. I was looking a few weeks ago as well. Looks like a great bag. thought he might be gone but if he's on the site I'd love to know too.

The BMW Shop in Omaha, NE has a BigMak large bag the top smaller bag and a mount that will fit the 1150 series. I am not sure what else it may fit.

Their number is : 402-861-8488

http://www.bmwomaha.com/

I just got a query from the moderator regarding this post. So to correct the over site I should mention I work for this dealer on a very part time basis. I do not receive commissions for selling anything. I just saw some were looking for this bag and knew we still had one around. No intent to deceive anyone about anything.

I hope Mark is well and sure wish we could find out if he is or is no longer making his fabulous tank bags.

Folks, please continue your conversation about that topic here, but if you want to buy or sell a Big Mak tank bag we'd appreciate if you would utilize the Classifieds or PM one another.

The board get's messy when we have Classifieds here, there and everywhere. Thanks for your understanding.

I hope he's ok and it's not something more serious than a bad economy. Mark's a good guy and for the past 10 years my bikes have all had his bags. He was a regular around here back in the day Cary still owned the website.

I tried to contact Mark a month ago. Message box was full. He called back and left me a message that he'd seen my number on his phone, but was very busy. Gave me a different number to call back. Called it and the message box was full, too.

As of a month ago, he was obviously around. Is he still in business? I don't know. He's got to know people are trying to contact him.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been digging for info regarding the bigmak bags. Specifically i was interested in the flip-up tankbag attachment to the tank ring. Assuming Mark is no longer in business, does anyone know if this design was his alone, or do other manufacturers offer it.

I've seen the quick release lock ring designs, but prefer the flip-up.

Appreciate any help.

I too have been digging for info regarding the bigmak bags. Specifically i was interested in the flip-up tankbag attachment to the tank ring. Assuming Mark is no longer in business, does anyone know if this design was his alone, or do other manufacturers offer it.

I've seen the quick release lock ring designs, but prefer the flip-up.

Appreciate any help.

It was his design and I don't think I've seen a copy of it yet. In past years there were some BMW shops that sold his product so you might be able to find one that way, but it's not looking good.

Edit - Ok I tried the couple of places that I remember carrying his product and they either don't show it or are out of business.

Afternoon Brian

Mark built the smaller BMW 1200RT tank bag (the one that bolts to the stock BMW 1200RT base plate) from templates I put together when I first got my 1200RT.

If you can find someone else to build those tank bags I will see if I still have the original templates floating around here somewhere.

Archived