IGNORED

DIY Pinlock Lenses?

jviss

I just bought a Schuberth C3, which came with a Pinlock anti-fog lens. I've searched, but this is apparently the only lens available for this helmet. In addition, while Arai, HJC, KBC, and Shoei are featured on the Pinlock website, Schuberth is not mentioned.

I'd like a couple of Pinlock lens options for the C3, especially a yellow one for overcast days.

Has anyone made their own Pinlock lenses? I'm interested in thoughts, experiences on this: where to get materials, how to lay out and cut the material, etc.

Thanks,

jv

I searched for weeks......including emails directly to Pinlock. Apparently there are kits sold in the UK to make your own, but they are not available here in the USA. I was told that my options were to either buy a Helmet with Pinlock visors already available or try to buy a kit from an over seas vender and pay for the added shipping costs. I found a bunch of the info over on ADV. Let me see if I can find it again

I'm due up for a new helmet next year, so I just decided to tough it out till then.

AH HA!!!!!..........Ebay to the rescue. I'm going to order one LINK

Archived