IGNORED

Centech install questions

twilmotte

I just bought a used '09 RT this morning and first on the "farkle list" (I think) is a fuse block to wire my Motolights, Baehr comm system, Zumo GPS, additional Powerlet, etc. I'm leaning toward the Centech AP-2 (switched and unswitched), but I don't know if the Can-bus system on the bike will tolerate the relay wiring that comes with the AP-2. Can anyone please give me advice on how to wire the relay and where to mount a Centech? Or other suggested products? It appears there is enough room to mount the unit under the pax seat. As always, I really appreciate the collective wisdon of this forum, especially now that I'm transitioning from an '04 RT to an '09. Oh, and pics would be great! :-)

I installed a "Fuzeblock" http://www.fuzeblocks.com/index.php under the seat pan to power farkles. It's a very small unit and allows you to have both switched power (via built in relay) and unswitched power from the same box.

If you'll do a search on "Eastern Beaver," (no jokes here...), they also make some nice wiring kits.

I have the same fuse box as Byron,,Great little box,,I made a aluminum plate and bolted it to where the rear shock adjuster goes for a non ESA bike,,(I have ESA )Taped into the 12 volt rear onboard socket ,,Have had no problems with Can Bus,,IMG_0416.jpg

I just bought a used '09 RT this morning and first on the "farkle list" (I think) is a fuse block to wire my Motolights, Baehr comm system, Zumo GPS, additional Powerlet, etc. I'm leaning toward the Centech AP-2 (switched and unswitched), but I don't know if the Can-bus system on the bike will tolerate the relay wiring that comes with the AP-2. Can anyone please give me advice on how to wire the relay and where to mount a Centech? Or other suggested products? It appears there is enough room to mount the unit under the pax seat. As always, I really appreciate the collective wisdon of this forum, especially now that I'm transitioning from an '04 RT to an '09. Oh, and pics would be great! :-)

I have a Centech AP-2 with the AP-130 relay installed on my '09. Runs my front socket, Garmin 665 and Clearwater Glenda Lights. Works perfectly! Just be sure to run the wires around and not directly beneath the unit.

By the way since my bike is still under warranty I had the BMW dealer here install it and went with the Centech on therr recommendation (Although I was leaning that way anyway) They have installed many of them and had no problems!

Tom,

I'm also in the process of picking out a fuse block for my newly acquired 2010 RT. I think I'm going with an AP-8 from eastern beaver. Previous owner had one installed on this bike and highly recommended it.

John

Archived