IGNORED

Speaker volume 2011 R1200RT w/Sirius radio package

wabashvalley

I know my ears are shot… I have tried an aftermarket windshield that has helped a bit on the RT but I still have a difficult time hearing the radio on the RT. I remember replacing speakers on an electraglide that I had. I used the onboard intercom to pipe the music into the headset on the Goldwing.

One other thing I have noticed is that there appears to be little if any notable difference between volume levels 15-20 on this radio…

Has anyone successfully replaced the speakers in a 2011 to gain audio level or is there an economic way to pipe the music into a helmet?

Thanks in advance.

“What did you say? I couldn’t hear you.” Jerry “Wabashvalley”

I don't believe any bike mounted speakers work well at highway speeds. I only use mine to listen to music when I'm washing my bike. I pipe my output of the radio into my autocom then to either ear buds or helmet mounted speakers. At speeds in the 80 range, the earbuds (AZ Al's) work the best.

I can hear the radio at 80 mph- no problems- with the volume at 10 or less. I put the windshield up a few inches, until the air noise goes away- and it's real nice. My Shoei helmet is fairly quiet- the helmet makes a lot of difference.

I'm having trouble hearing at 55 mph. Again, I know part of it is due to high dbs 35 plus years ago.

I haven't ruled out the autocom but thought if I could find a way to replace the speakers or add an amp I wouldn't need to worry about piping it in the helmet.

Archived