IGNORED

Yellowed tank bag window- SOLUTION

CoarsegoldKid

CoarsegoldKid

I found a plastics store that carried thin flexible clear vinyl sheeting sold by the yard. I tried a 4mil product and superglued it to the tank bag. No workie. But might if using my next method.

Then I used a 10mil product. Cut out the yellowed window. Outlined the area that I wanted new window to fit over. Cut two pieces to size with a large scissor. Held the two together and heated the edges I wanted closed with a butane lighter. There is a vinyl adhesive available, but I tried the lighter on a test piece and it worked fine. Then placed velcro that sticks to plastic where it might do the most good. Presto. New window. I'll test it this week and report back.

CoarsegoldKid

So far so good. Although I was told there is a product used on plastic soft top windows for convertible autos that takes out the yellowish from the window. I still like my solution.

Yeeha! Stephen

Same prob... different solution. I cut my Big Mak map case apart and sewed in a new piece.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=5798&filename=Tank+Bag+a.jpg

Bought a yard of new plastic.

5798.jpg.4bf9eec66747100e3c04b1ecd78a648f.jpg

For one tank bag I bought a replacement map pocket with velcro already attached for 10 bucks. Easy, simple and quickle.

Having a wife that lets you use her sewing machine is a sign of a good relationship. Congrats.

Archived