IGNORED

Foxcreek Leather

Witch_Doctor

Anyone have any experiance with them? Lot of good reviews in the web, but I don't know anyone who has one. Was thinking about another Vanson, but it seems most of their in stock is Firenze :( and the jackets I like are a 3-5 month wait.

Grayson Jacket

No experience with the jacket but I have used them for other things. Great customer relations, shipped on time, was what it said it was, no issues. I would use them again and prefer them to Vanson.

All good leather is pricey, and heavy. I assume you want it for road rash as you live in Florida, but it does have armor pockets so that is a plus.

Ride safely

Terry

Terry

Looking for good heavy leather, I am not fond of the Firenze leather and that seems to be what Vanson keeps pushing when I speak with them. Most likely that is what they have in stock.

I've owned both Vanson and Fox Creek leather. Fox Creek will custom make sleeve, waist and chest sizes. Their leather is thick, heavy and surprisingly supple. The stock cuts are generous and the leather is usually doubled up in high wear areas. The dye job is good although doesn't hold up to sunlight all that well,

Vansons leather has a very different feel: stiffer, smoother, harder. Their leather does not seem as thick. The surface of the leather is smoother without the heavy, soft grain on the Fox Creek. Vanson will do a complete custom but its quite expensive and takes a while. Their racing pedigree makes them the pick if more technical gear is your choice. Off the shelf sizing includes a generously sized waist which doesn't fit many skinny guys very well.

If I had the money a custom sized Vanson 2-piece would be high on my wish list. If I was looking for a more casual and less racy look and wanted that traditionaly heavy, supple leather feel, I would definitely buy Fox Creek again. After 7 years I had a sleeve zipper give up. I called them, they split shipping and did the repair for free. Nice!

JT

I have always loved my Vansons, but they were the Force line when I worked for my old department. The toughy is being in Florida where there are no stockist for states.

I have a Fox Creek jacket and 4 or 5 pairs of their gloves which are my go-to ones under most conditions.. I can give them an unqualified endorsement. Outstanding quality and good service from a small company that sells American made stuff.

Shot2.jpg

I did break my heart by leaving the jacket hanging on my bar ends while the bike was idling. A small portion got warped from the heat where it was touching the cylinder. Gross stupidity on my part.

• 2 weeks later...
Just couldn't do it, bought a Vanson Cobra MK II.

My favorite jacket! I was lucky and got a deal on mine at the local dealership who had my sitting around for a while and made me a deal I couldn't pass up.

Wayne

Archived