IGNORED

Good deal on Contour 1300 HD cameras

OoPEZoO

Looks like Contour has released their next generation of cameras, so that means everyone is liquidating their supplies of the original versions. Hard to beat a rugged 1080P video camera for $119.00 - $20.00 mail in rebate. Ordered mine this morning. :thumbsup:

C256-0002-Main01-sp.JPG

LINK

No affiliation, but I have ordered thousands of dollars of electronics from these guys over the years and haven't had a bad experience yet.

I could never get past the mounting of the GoPro's. I know they take great footage, but every mounting option makes the camera look like its hanging out there on a tree limb. I liked the integrated slide mounts of the Contour better. It seems to be more well thought out and less intrusive.

I plan to use mine on my motorcycle and for snowboarding. I can't imagine having one of the GoPro's hanging off the side of my helmet or mounted on top.

The thing that steered me away from the units such as this and many of the similar was lack of a remote control. I am looking at the VIO Pov HD (after having the VIO Pov 1.5) and the new Drift HD

Extreme Supply in Long Beach is selling the original Go-Pro for $240. Thinking about it...although I need to improve my riding skills before I video what I'm doing out there. :)

I could never get past the mounting of the GoPro's. I know they take great footage, but every mounting option makes the camera look like its hanging out there on a tree limb. I liked the integrated slide mounts of the Contour better. It seems to be more well thought out and less intrusive.

I plan to use mine on my motorcycle and for snowboarding. I can't imagine having one of the GoPro's hanging off the side of my helmet or mounted on top.

If you want to pop over to this side of the Susquehanna some weekend, you're welcome to try my GoPro before you decide.

I'm actually on the same side of the Susquehanna as you. I grew up outside of Lancaster, but have since moved to the other side of the river. Planted in Wrightsville presently.

I recieved my new ContourHD in the mail yesterday afternoon. I had my first video recorded and uploaded to the computer less than 10 minutes after I opened the package. I think this is going to work out great for what I want. Now I just have to fiddle with all of the settings and take some sample videos to figure out what works best.

I'm actually on the same side of the Susquehanna as you. I grew up outside of Lancaster, but have since moved to the other side of the river. Planted in Wrightsville presently.

Ah, OK. I sometimes come that way when I have a hankering for Prudhomme's.

Archived