IGNORED

I refuse to be a walking advertisement

Kannon

Just got an e-mail flyer from Competition Accessories. One of the items on special was the Joe Rocket "Survivor" suit. This looks to be a pretty nice suit and I have been considering a one piece suit. It normally lists for around $400 but the sale price was $287 GREAT, I thought, I think I'll just get me one ! Well, i got to looking at the pictures and everythings good till I get to the back view - - "ROCKET" in HUGE letters across the back - No Thanks, Sorry, not for me.

Why must manufacturers insist on plastering their stuff with their name/logo. Alpinestars and several others also do this, I really don't want to be their unpaid advertising rep.

Also, "ROCKET" is the last thing I want plastered across my back when I'm pulled over by the law.

Why must manufacturers insist on plastering their stuff with their name/logo. Alpinestars and several others also do this, I really don't want to be their unpaid advertising rep.

To sell more stuff. If it didn't work, they wouldn't do it.

See: Harley Davidson, BMW, and the tailgate of almost any pickup truck.

See just about any T-shirt, on any person, anywhere. Heck, I've got a Parilla T-shirt I wear all the time. Don't get much recognition of the name, tho.

pete R12RT

I don't like the gaudy advertisement either! If I wear a T-shirt it's a pain pocket T. I'd be allright with the logo business if it were discrete like on a breast pocket or shoulder or something. But "Rocket" on my 63 year old back isn't the image I want to cultivate. That would be akin to painting a target on me and saying "come get me." to every cop who thinks he's going to pull over some kid. I don't need the aggravation. My $.02

If the price was right I'd just pull out my fabric paint and make a new "logo" over the top...or get an artistic friend to help. Just saying...

CruisinCruzan

I bought my daughter a joe rocket honda mesh jacket in red to go with her red ninja. Took a couple of hours to cut the stitches that held on the large honda racing letters on the back and sleeve. Now she has a nice red mesh jacket without any logos and at the closeout price of 65.00 was a bargain.

Wouldn't the required reflective vest that all BMW riders wear cover this? (just kidding, kind of). There's always duct tape. Hell, the price is right- get it, you'll figure something out.

Archived