IGNORED

12R12RT/Sena SMH10 BlewTewth issues

12R12RT

My Sena SMH10 worked perfectly with my Zumo. The pairing was easy and the sound quality was excellent. That was on another bike. The Zumo is not on my RT yet.

I've had success pairing the Sena with the bike. It was a bit of a struggle, but it got done.

The problem is that the sound quality is bad. It is in stereo, but it is distorted when playing music. I had a similar issue with the Zumo when the mp3 player would get crossed up and pair to the Sena on the mono phone channel. A simple re-boot would take care of that.

There are other issues with the RT and the Sena, but if I could get over this hump I'd be happy.

Anyone out there a BlewTewth Gewru? Any ideas on why the sound is distorted?

Thanks!

Tom

I have Sena also. Turn you bass setting to minus 6 and the treble to zero. Sound better? I have same problem on my '12 RT. The manual mentions this also. While the RT radio doesn't seem to have an overage of bass, when ran through the dash speakers, going into the helmet speakers or earbuds, any bass is too much. Hope this helps with the quality.

OK Dan, I tried that and it worked!

Thanks very much. I still have a couple of issues, but I think they are Sena issues and not RT issues.

Tom

The main issue regarding connectivity, with Sena, for me, is lack of volume control by handlebar dial. However, I understand that's a BMW design hurdle. That want everyone to buy their helmet set in order to have that feature work. I'd rather save the $222.00 more it would have cost. I can reach up with my left hand for that difference.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I noticed last week that the audio quality of my XM has gotten markedly better, and so has the AM/FM.

Anybody else noticed this? I can't imagine how this happened as it makes no sense that it could happen by itself.

Formerly the XM audio was pretty awful and the AM/FM was somewhat better, with the MP3 output being excellent, all coming over Bluetooth. The worst stuff was voice, followed by certain kinds of music. The music is now nearly on par with MP3, and the voice is understandable - so much so that I can now enjoy Dennis Miller on my bike.

I thought it might be fluke, but it's held up pretty well over the past week. I'll be on the bike for eight hours Sunday; we'll see if it stays improved.

Tom

Archived