IGNORED

GPS adaptor for 2001 R 1100 RT

JeremyH

I just purchased a Ram GPS adaptor for my 2001 R 1100 RT. It is suppose to mount on the fluid reservoir on the right side of the handlebar. Problem is the reservoir is rectangular and the base of the mount is trapezoidal. I can line up two of the mounting holes but not all four. Any thoughts?

Make sure you have the right part for your bike. There is some variability allowed as the holes are oblong. Try turning it the other way. Once lined up used the spacers so you are sure to get the cover to fit tight again. Here is the fit on mine, an 03 K-RS. I use mine for a camera mount.

Call them. You might have an anomaly with your bike. They were very helpful when I talked to them about some concern.

NCS

dscf6127q.jpg

dscf6130o.jpg

Just a thought here but is the adapter for the 1100 any different than for the 1150? Reservoirs are not the same at all.

Lessons Learned: The screws that came with this model Ram-B-182U were not the correct diameter to fit the bike. The screws (OEM() for the reservoir plate actually could not fit the mount. Bottom line - I just mailed it back. I'm hoping the recommended mount for the 2000 R 1100 RT will work on my 2001.

Archived