IGNORED

Bike Transport

UberXY

So I bought a bike in Missouri and need to get it to Virginia. The last time i shipped a bike by truck there were only a handful of vendors; now a Google search turns up a lot. Anyone used one lately to their satisfaction?

1982HondaCBX.jpg

Great looking bike!

The last time I shipped from Southern CA. to Mass. area I used the following:

Robert Clark

Account Manager

Tel: 800-716-7608 ext:1110

Fax: 727-450-5940

Web: www.freightcenter.com

Email: RClark@freightcenter.com

However, I did crate the bike and it was shipped as freight. It was safe and afordable. Also, there are usually listings at Cycle Trader.com for shippers. Good luck.

Wow! What a bike!

As dealers we regularly use Federal Motorcycle Transport. Works well with uncrated brand new bikes. Best price and easiest if you can leave the bike at a dealer for pickup and get it delivered at another dealer where you'll pick it up.

Wow! What a bike!

As dealers we regularly use Federal Motorcycle Transport. Works well with uncrated brand new bikes. Best price and easiest if you can leave the bike at a dealer for pickup and get it delivered at another dealer where you'll pick it up.

+1 on Allied (funtransport.com)

They give discounts for AMA and I got an even better one with my HOG membership. Good insurance included with a 0 deductible....

that ubid thing is a trip but I think I am going to go with Federal. Peace of mind is worth a few bucks for sure.

I rode a new K16GTL a few months back and loved it, but just don't ride enough these days to justify 30 large. Decided to look for an older 6 cylinder bike. So I checked out some Benelli Sei's - cool and beautiful, for sure, but in the end decided on a CBX instead.

Paul the local Yamaha shop says Fed can drop it off there.

Lets_Play_Two

I started with ubid and switched to Federal (funtransport) for shipping two motorcycles from Florida to Washington state. Ubid vendor had a lot of excuses after I agreed to ship. Federal did what they said they would for little difference in price. Shipped house to house. Cheapest is if you go terminal to terminal.

http://keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com/

I used these when I bought my 04 1150R in 08 in Dublin, CA,

and had it shipped to Kansas City MO area.

They have a really neat kind of dolly they attach the bike to,

and they can roll it around on the dolly, too. Retractable

wheels. They have several patents on it, really works slick.

Keeps the bike totally safe, no hassle with crating.

I was driving it within 15 minutes after they pulled up to

my apartment.

Great looking bike!

The last time I shipped from Southern CA. to Mass. area I used the following:

Robert Clark

Account Manager

Tel: 800-716-7608 ext:1110

Fax: 727-450-5940

Web: www.freightcenter.com

Email: RClark@freightcenter.com

However, I did crate the bike and it was shipped as freight. It was safe and afordable. Also, there are usually listings at Cycle Trader.com for shippers. Good luck.

Robert is a National Account Manager - he doesn't do motorcycles any more. I work for the same company. See the link in my sig for contact info.

Another vote for Keyboard Motorcycle shipping. They picked up a bike I sold. They have very nice specially made pallets. Tied down the bike well, documented everything. Truck had a lift gate. First class operation IMO.

Archived