IGNORED

Happy Bum!

TEWKS

After sitting sixteen hours on the stock seat returning from the UN this past summer I was pretty much convinced a custom seat was in order. The Rick Mayer I had was very good but still got numb bum after many hours in the seat. As you all know the Russell Daylong has the reputation as the best LD seat so we'll see. Not kidding myself here, I believe my a$$ will still hurt after a sixteen hour day. :)

Black vinyl & basketweave.

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

Pat

Did the russell thing a couple of years ago.. You are right, your bume will still hurt after 16 hours, but it won't hurt for the first 5-6 and will hurt a lot less after 16. My bum would hurt after 16 hours sitting on a feather pillow in a lounge chair

I really like that basket weave. I don't think I've seen that before on a Russell. Hmmmm, I'm getting a seat made in January and was planning on velour. I just might change my mind now.. Thanks for the pics..

I have a Sargent saddle on my 1999 R1100RT, I put it on in 2000 after about a year of ownership on the stock seat. So..... does it cost BMW more to put a crappy seat on the motorcycle from new, or could they spend the same amount of money and put a comfortable seat on their bikes?

Thanks guys! Yeah, they don't advertise the basketweave on their web site but Chris K had his seat done with a gripper type material. I wanted contrast like his between the side panels & seat area but being part turtle, I need to slide so basketweave it was.

Pat

I really like that basket weave. I don't think I've seen that before on a Russell. Hmmmm, I'm getting a seat made in January and was planning on velour. I just might change my mind now.. Thanks for the pics..

If you'd like, PM me an address & I'll send ya the samples I have of the material.

Pat

Hollow Road Rider
Thanks guys! Yeah, they don't advertise the basketweave on their web site but Chris K had his seat done with a gripper type material. I wanted contrast like his between the side panels & seat area but being part turtle, I need to slide so basketweave it was.

Pat

Yeah, nice. Is that basketweave vinyl?

I agree, your butt will still be sore to some degree but far less than with other seats. Breathable seamless undergarments and good riding pants are just as important along with regular breaks to stretch and get the blood moving. I LOVE my Russell saddle. That basket weave looks exactly like the seats in my '68 VW.

That basket weave looks exactly like the seats in my '68 VW.

I was trying to figure why that seat material looked so nostalgic for me and BAM there is my answer.

Looks terrific, Pat. You've certainly got quite a package in that bike. Hope you get some more riding in before the hammer comes down for good this winter.

Thanks Kathy, got to put a few miles on the seat today. Paul was right, it's going to take a little time to judge the seat's comfort completely. I think it’s gonna be a good fit though. :thumbsup:

Milford NH.

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

Pat

Ride on down here to VA. That should give you a good idea if it'll be cozy!...on another note..How far are you from Westborough?

I might be coming up that way in the not too distant future.

on another note..How far are you from Westborough?

I might be coming up that way in the not too distant future.

Give me a shout. I'm about 45 minutes oh yeah GT, :dopeslap: let's call it thirty two! :grin:

Pat

Like flat_twin says, it's a lot of what you wear underneath also. I love my RDL but the LD Comfort shorts and not wearing jeans makes a world of difference.

Archived